Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New Browning Gold Series Bows >

New Browning Gold Series Bows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Browning Gold Series Bows

Old 02-27-2003, 02:08 PM

Default New Browning Gold Series Bows

I have a Browning BOW that is approaching 8-9 years old. I also have a bunch of other Browning products and enjoy how smooth, accurate and forgiving my bow is. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test out the new Browning Gold Series Bows with the new Cyber-ZX Cams and new split harnes system. These bows come in the Eclipse and Mirage version and retail for about $799.00 ouch. I figure they could be had for about $549.00 no one pays retail. Does anyone know of these bows or are they so new no one has had a chance to test them. Any info would be helpful.
Vector
Old 02-28-2003, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Browning Gold Series Bows

I find the new design rather intriguing but have not had the chance to handle any of them yet. When I do I will be sure to pass on the info.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:42 PM

Ok everyone. Look at the new Mirage Gold Series Bow and tell me what you think?

[link]http://www.browning-archery.com/products/2003/bow-gifs/mirage-zx-lg.jpg[/link]

Old 03-10-2003, 01:46 PM

I guess the Gold Series Eclipse Looks nice also

[link]http://www.browning-archery.com/products/2003/bow-gifs/2k3_eclipse-zlx-lg.jpg[/link]
Old 03-10-2003, 01:51 PM

I know Browning used to be nothing more than PSE' s with another Logo. These don' t seem to resemble anything out there. Does anyone know if Browning is making their own Bows or are they using someone elses? I know these Cams are different from anything I have seen and I have never seen a split harness before. Notice the top of the bow.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:17 PM

Vector,

From what I have heard, PSE bought out Browning, and maybe that is why the design of the bows has changed.

I can' t speak for the new ZLX Brownings, but, the Mirage 33S, Eclipse SLX, and Eclipse SL that I shot about a month ago highly disappointed me. These were the 2002 models, and, I thought " I love my friends 01 Browning Tornado, so these things have tp be amazing" , yeah right. The overall look of the bows is entirely different than the pics I saw on the internet, atleast camo wise. The bow is much darker and without as much camo definition. The grip was irritable in the hand, and, didn' t look like the ones that I saw on the intenet.
Now, as far as performance. I didn' t shoot the bow, and the only reason I didn' t was because I didn' t want to. I drew each of them back a few times and could not believe how rough the draw cycle was. The best word to describe it is gritty. The overall quality of these three bows was lacking compared to my friends Tornado.
The bows are also not as balanced as I would like. They seemed to lean backwords alot, and, I am sure that a stabilizer would help, but, it would have to be very heavy and long.

My honest opinion is that the Tornado' s are a better overall bow than last years Mirage' s and Eclipse' s. You only loose a few feet per second, but, you gain a much more balanced bow, that has a much smoother draw cycle, and you save a few hundred dollars.

I might go check out the new Brownings sometime, but, I hope that this new design helped out, because I was truly disappointed with last years models.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

PSE did not buy Browning bows. they do however machine all of the Browning bows for Browning. The Browning engineers come up with the design and PSE builds them.

I don' t have any experience with them.