Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Feedback on General

Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Feedback on General

I shot a BT General the other day. I really like this bow. Any feedback from other owners? Good or bad?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Default RE: Feedback on General

I don't own one, but I shot one for about an hour at the local pro shop several months back. About the smoothest and quietest bow I have ever fired. It didn't, for me, group arrows quite as tight as my Hoyts - but they have had a lot of fine tuning and tweaking, and the general was kinda thrown together for demo purposes. I'm sure it would shoot great with the same level of tune.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

To heavy for my liking[:@],that's just my thought's,but very sweet shooting bow.
Rocky
Old 05-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Loved it so much I switched from my hoyt to it full time. Smooth, fast, accurate, and quiet. what more do you want??

if you have any specific questions just ask.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

had mine for 3 months. shot 1 3d with it so far. i got fatigued the last 5 tagets but other than that its perfect. my stab right now is making some of my fatigue. its 14 ounces lol! but other than the weight and the fact that its not incredibly fast, its the best bow ive ever shot. i love it and couldnt be more happy with it.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

Loved it so much I switched from my hoyt to it full time. Smooth, fast, accurate, and quiet. what more do you want??

if you have any specific questions just ask.

It seemed so quiet and shock free...I was wondering if you felt you needed to add anything. The one I shot had nock set. That was it!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

i just bought a general...I had to shoot it a couple of times because I didn't think a bow could be so shock free and quiet. It's the greatest bow on the market for hunting purposes IMO
Old 05-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Uh oh!!!!

I may buy one!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never been a fan of that short of an A to A bow, but the General has really impressed me. Enough so that I am designating it my Turkey Bow for a while. It holds and groups unbelievable for me. Quiet and Shockfree is amazing if you have never shot a Center Pivot Bow before.

Dan
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm playing the devil's advocate here.

Hows the guardian compare the commander? I figured the target community would jump all over the commander along with the long ATA fan-crowd among hunters...but seems like I never hear of it and it's all "GUARDIAN" "GUARDIAN" "GUARDIAN".

I'm not knocking it...I shot one of them (can't remember which...shop had one of each...but I'm LH so there weren't any sparks.) Even LH shooting on a RH model, smooth and quite are fair descriptions for sure!

Quick Reply: Feedback on General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.