Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest Review >

Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest Review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest Review

Old 02-22-2003, 05:06 PM

Default Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest Review

Preliminary Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest

Set-up

-Grade A

-For a dropaway rest set-up was completed in about 1 minute. Like a conventional rest you simply bolt the arrow rest onto the bow and you’re ready to shoot. No cables, strings, other attachments to deal with

Design

Grade C+

-This rest is designed so that when you release the fins actually tilt forward and out of the way of the arrow, however, I found that this actually leads to tuning problems (see below). A nice feature about this design is that you do not need to re-set it after you’ve shot like other dropaway arrow rests. This is achieved by a spring that is attached in the front of the fins (see picture). One negative that I found with the design is that you are unable to adjust the width of the fins. The only way you can do this is by bending the fins and that seems to be a temporary fix. With small diameter carbons you need to be careful because if the fins separate your arrow could fall through the fins.

Tuning

Grade D-

-I am currently testing out the Magnock system and I have used this on several other bows in the past and have found tuning to take approximately 2-5 minutes to achieve bullet holes. However, with this rest I was unable to get bullet holes after 15-20 minutes of tuning. The problem I noticed is that when the fins drop the cradle that the fins are attached to swings up and comes into contact with the vanes. It was so obvious that I started to see white streaks on the rest from the vanes. I attempted to tune with cock vane up but that was even worse since both of the hen vanes were now striking the back of the fins.

Adjustment Features

Grade B

-Horizontal adjustments are very easy, simply unscrew one screw and move the rest left and right. However, this rest doesn’t have a true vertical adjustment as you would find on a sight. To make vertical adjustments you turn a screw with causes the rest to tilt up and down to give you your vertical adjustment (see picture above). It would be nice to see a slide bar for vertical adjustments.

Miscellaneous

Grade C-

-Upon drawing your arrow the fins of the arrow rest bounced a lot and if you don’t have the smoothest of draws and this will cause an arrow to fall off of the rest.

Overall

Grade C+

-I still need some more time to try and figure out a way to get clean arrow flight with this arrow rest, but at this time I am not optimistic that I will be able to do this based on my notes above. I think for the price that is being charged ($64.95) there are several other top quality rests on the market that are easier to tune, however, it is a nice concept that needs some refinement to get to the ultimate rest.

Final note: These opinions are mine and only my opinions.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bodoodle Game Dropper Arrow Rest Review

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at this rest. If you get anything else figured out on it please let us know.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the report. I know this is only one report, but yours seems to confirm some problems I thought Might " pop up" with this rest. Bodoodle makes some excellent rests, but this may not be one of them. Of course the jury is still out until we get a few more people testing them. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:37 AM

Thanks double!!! Nice report

I think you just saved me 60 bucks

Just by looking at it it seemed like it would not work well, but I was holding out hope.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:31 PM

I just put one on this morning. Must have got lucky. First shot through paper was a low tear. I moved my string loop up about an 1/8 inch and bullet holes. Shot it maybe 50 times at twenty in the back yard, not seeing any sign of fletching wear.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice report DLE. I look forward to hearing how you work out the fletching contact issue.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Excellent report. I wish this forum was full of reports like this.

Cargo
Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Spike

ïðàâîâîé ðåæèì ãðàæäàíñêî ïðàâîâûõ ñäåëîê
Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at this rest.