Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 String serving separating on Marquis >

String serving separating on Marquis

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

String serving separating on Marquis

Old 03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default String serving separating on Marquis

I know there's a lot of guys on the threads that have the Diamond Marquis. Do any of you have probiems with the string serving separating where it goes around the cam? Like most other bands do.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String serving separating on Marquis

As of today, I have just over 1700 shots through my Marquis, and have no problems with the string whatsoever.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:01 AM

What draw length do you have? I was at a Cabelas the other day and they were telling me that they had 3 Marquis bows with 30" modules that were having cam lean issues with the cam hitting the limb. Not sure of the exact specifics, but they said they were only experiencing the issue with the 30"draw bows. I was actually listening to the phone conversation when they were talking to their Diamond rep. This could definitely contribute to the serving separating.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Mine is 30" and set for 67# (league shoots).

Personally, I wouldn't expect or trust a chainstore to do much of anything with my bow
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like most other bands do.
You nailed it there... it's more of a function of the single-cam technology... you can always take your fingernail and work the separations back together if you'd like, or just leave it if it's just minor separation. Since you wrote "like most other brands do", I assume you know what "normal" looks like...

I shot Mathews for six years before my relationship with Bowtech began, and I experienced it on all those and have seen it on some Diamonds too. I've seen some highly respected custom stringmakers say the same thing as I did.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I was told the same thing at Cabela's too, but they said on all Marquis. I'm looking at buying a Marguis or Black Ice.

Greg/Mo Yes,just wondering if Marquis had that problem. Thanks guys.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, I haven't really experienced that with my Marquis. I Have had to change the serving the goes on the idler pulley but I Probably shoot around 6 - 10 hours a wee and I have had it since December.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:37 PM

I have a Tec-hunter elite from Gander (made by diamond) that has the same seperation. My Ally does not. The Tec still hammers them out and doesn't have any more seperation forming. Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned, it's not wearing out or fraying any.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM

I actually talked with one of the guys at Cabelas this past week, and he showed me what he was talking about with the cam leaning and making contact with one of the cables. While he drew it back, I watched as the module would graze one of the cables right before it hit the backstop. The Cabelas rep even pointed out how the part that rubs is even kind of angled as if almost expecting to rub. It may only happen on some of the bows, but it looks to me as something you probably wouldn't even be aware of it unless you were looking for it. I saw it with my own eyes. So that would be one thing to look out for on the Marquis.