Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

VIPIN sights...

Old 02-16-2003, 07:13 PM

Default VIPIN sights...

hi... i was wondering if anyone has used the VIPIN sights system? if so how do you like it ? and any pros and cons to the vertical pins? thanks ..
Old 02-16-2003, 07:58 PM

Default RE: VIPIN sights...

i just used the trophy ridge matrix this past season.the vipin system' s claim to more sight picture (imo) is way off base.here' s my theory on that.excluding the top pin,if you were to divide the rest of the pins into four quadrants.you can only see left and right b/c there is pin stem' s above and below.with standard pins if you do the same you can see above,below,and to the left of the pin(right hand shooter).that is a 75% sight picture,where the vipin only yields a 50% sight picture.this is just my opinion and i personally know people who swear by them.the older i get the more i get set in my ways.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:23 AM

I have 2 thropy pin sights... I love them!!! you have to try things out to see if its for you...see if you can buy one on the chep from someone who didn' t like them to save money..... the pins do block your vision on long didtances but this was addressed with the 2003 model which uses smaller pins .029 - .019.... this makes aiming easier for long distances..very easy to set up and use......company stands by their products...... good service deptment.....
Old 02-17-2003, 05:50 PM

that being said i will let a 5 pin matrix go for 1/2 price.they do have good service thou.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:34 PM

thank you both for your replies and insights...im just trying to get a feel for differing equipment set ups for a new bow im planning on purchasing ...i reckon the only foolish question is the one left unasked ...thanks again