Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trophy Taker XTreme (Full Contain) Arrow Rest >

Trophy Taker XTreme (Full Contain) Arrow Rest

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Taker XTreme (Full Contain) Arrow Rest

Old 03-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Trophy Taker XTreme (Full Contain) Arrow Rest

Hey guys my dads thinking about buying one does anyone have any imput...thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trophy Taker XTreme (Full Contain) Arrow Rest

I question acheiving center shot. I've had to cut the rests inner arm off to acheive center shot on several model/make bows that they tried to use the Shakey Hunter on. I can't imagine how that rest acheives it on some bows.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Love mine. I decided to try one last year on my guardian and put another on my general this year. IMO it has everything I want in an arrow rest. Built like a tank too.

I prefer the side load over the top load becauseI like to move around in the early season down here in Florida using a fawn bleat for doesandI can have an arrow nocked and carry my bow hanging downby my side,up-side-down, with out worrying about the arrow falling off.

I question acheiving center shot. I've had to cut the rests inner arm off to acheive center shot on several model/make bows. I can't imagine how that rest acheives it on some bows.
It sits behind the riser so the arm never contacts the riser. It lands on the bottom of the "hood".

Old 03-18-2008, 07:43 PM

I like the design of this rest, but I have some questions. Is there anything that holds the arrow in place when not drawn, or does the arrow just lay on top of the launcher arm or riser? Can you lock the launcher in the up position like the QAD'sand Ripcord?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is there anything that holds the arrow in place when not drawn, or does the arrow just lay on top of the launcher arm or riser?
No, it doesn't need a holder though they still do come with one. I don't use it though. My arreow just sits on the riser (notice the strip of felt on the front of the shelf) and the launcher arm spans the entire width of the "hood" so it will pick up your arrow no matter what angle you are holding your bow.

Can you lock the launcher in the up position like the QAD'sand Ripcord?
No, it still works like the original TT's. It doesn't need to have this fieature the way it is designed.

However, for what it's worth, a ripcord is a close second choice for me.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

It sits behind the riser so the arm never contacts the riser. It lands on the bottom of the "hood".

Ah, thank you bigbulls, that takes care of that and I see that I was correct otherwise...LOL

I notice as well, had that rest not had the housing, your launch arm as well would be very close to the riser had it been on the shelf. That's the issue I've been finding with the Shakey Hunter on a few bows some guys have brought me.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I notice as well, had that rest not had the housing, your launch arm as well would be very close to the riser had it been on the shelf. That's the issue I've been finding with the Shakey Hunter on a few bows some guys have brought me.
Absolutely, the shakey hunters are a problem on these new bows that have a large radius inside corner on the shelf. Beecause of this and having to do exactly what you said in your first post I have quit selling the shakey hunters and now sell the pronghorns. The pronghorn is plenty wide enough and you don't have the problems with the arm hitting that radius.