Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest >

Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

Old 02-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

I am having a very difficult time deciding which rest to go with. Both seem very well built and should stand up to rugged use. If any one knows of any advantage one has over the other, a response would be appreciated. They will be going on the new Liberty. That is one smooth, sweet shooting bow.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

I'm no expert by any means but for what it's worth I'm trying to make a drop away decision also. The guys at Scheels tell me they sell more Trophy Takers than any other drop-away. I've done some looking on this site and people have only good things to say about them. I don't know much about the TKO but I think I am going to replace my biscuit with the Shakey Hunter after turkey season.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:11 AM

My family has been avid Bowtech fans since they came out. We have tried pretty much every drop-away rest on their bows, and we would all agree the best one we have shot is the Dalton 2000, or 5000 drop-away rests. NO fleching contact, perfect bullet holes through paper, and better than ever groups on the patriot, extreme solo, extreme vft, and the new liberty. Before going to the factory pro-shop in eugene Or I had never heard of this rest before, since then I am amazed that noone besides me on this forum has shot this rest!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:53 AM

I like the TKO best, because of all the Features.

It is bullet Proof ,lightweight and has a Launcher pitch adjustment to adjust the launcher height and amount of drop.It also has a quick spring adjustment that allows for spring tension w/o taking apart the rest.
Another thing is it is reversable L/H to R/H and the best kicker is
it can be changed in seconds from a Dropaway to a Springloaded or to a Fixed launcher rest,then back again.

For Archers that love to play and tune this under $50.00 rest is a dream.

Tosoro
Old 03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Spike

I agree, the TKO is a great rest. Easy to set up, stays where you set it. Everyone has been getting good flight with it and no fletch contact. Very good rest for the money.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:58 PM

I only have experience with the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. I like it becasue of its simplicity and reliability. I have no complaints with this rest.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just finished playing with the TKO and will be writting up a full report soon. I was very impressed with it. I can't speak for the TT yet.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:37 PM

When on the TKO review?

I like this bullet Proof rest and many would like to hear your review.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:22 PM

I have the tt shakey on my 04 mighty mite. All i can say is contact !!
Everyone that has problems with this rest is the same. CONTACT, it don't drop fast enough.
My suggestion is buy the TKO, and if you don't like it....I will trade ya....fishon
Old 03-08-2004, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope to have the review written and up this week sometime. I know what I want to say, it's just finding the time to sit down and write it up! very nice rest though.

Quick Reply: Trophy Taker or TKO Arrow Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.