Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?! >

Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?!

Old 02-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?!

Hello All,
Has anyone done a review on " Turbo nocks"
I just saw them for the first time at the Harrisburg " Sportsman' s" show and was wondering if anyone has anything to say about them.
Thanks for your help.

Old 02-28-2003, 09:03 PM

Default RE: Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?!

I bought a dozen at the Springfield Sportsman show last week. Took a few shots in the basement with them (we still have 3 feet of snow outside) and they seemed to work very nicely. I' m using Beaman ICS Carbon Hunters and got some pretty tight groups. This was only at 10 yds so I can' t give you a full report. I saw them for the first time at the show and thought it was the greatest thing ever invented for this crazy sport. Makes a lot of sense. I shoot a lot during the year at 3-D shoots and hunt hard all season long. One thing that bugs the hell out of me is losing a fletch at a shoot or ripping one off on a tree branch while hunting. This is what I find so appealing about these Turbo-Nocks, no more fletching! The real test will be how they shoot broadheads. I bought the Dead-X size for the mechanical broadheads.
If they don' t shoot a perfect broadhead, in the trash they go, but I think they will impress the hell out of me and many other diehard archers in the next few years.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:32 PM

I thought they were to be used with your regular fleching or feathers of choice? Suppose to give your stick more spin.

I glanced over some on Ebay.

They look promising.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I picked a few of them up a few days ago, but still have not tried them. They are suppose to be used in place of fletchings. I would think that using flethings with them would hamper their flight. I bought the hunter size. They are 50 grains though, so take this into consideration. I would suggest that they be used with a drop away rest.

Another thing that I didn' t not know when I bought them, is that they have to be shot off a string because of the way the nock is shaped. You wouldn' t be able to use them with any type of nock aligner on the string.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:30 AM

If they do work.... and don' t require fletching on the shaft, that would keep a lot more usable arrows in the quiver. Does it have any noticable effect on the spine or FOC?
Old 03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bubba,
The things weigh 50+ grains. My feathers and nock weigh 23gr. That' s just about 30gr moe on the tail end of the shaft. FOC-- you got to be kidding. More like ROC (rear). And you must use a drop away rest. Shoot them through a Whisker Biscuit and see what happens.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:35 PM

Like most things that sound too good to be true. I didn' t do a search on them, but looking at the first post I figured that had to have some type of effect on the arrow. I think I would still like to try some just because I like to play, but I will put it on the back burner for now.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:40 PM

I ordered a dozen the other day from the website. Got 6 of the Dead-X and 6 of the Hunters. The Hunters will not clear the cable on my bow,(Mathews SQ2) and the dead-x will hit too sometimes if I torque the grip a little, and I do mean a little, it dosent take much at all!. I noticed I will have to install a new cable on my bow after shooting these. If they hit it, they will cut it. Think they will go into the box of gadgets that didn' t work.
Anyone else had these problems?
Old 03-19-2003, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

bearguy, I also have the hunter turbos, and could really see how they could be a problem for some. Mine did not hit, but come close. I really think they should have designed the fins to sit on the string at an X instead of horizontal and vertical. If I were you I would contract Nick Snook at turbo nock and let him know about your problem.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:45 PM

BobCo....
I agree with your idea of having the vanes fit the string like a " X" instead of a " +" . Would have made the difference for me. I did contact Nick at Turbo Nock and said he had never heard of this problem. And if I was having this problem with his nocks, I would have a problem with any kind of fletching put on an arrow. Must not know you can turn a nock to align the fletching to clear a cable. That was about it. I emailed him back over a week ago and still haven' t got a response yet!
May work for some,,,but not me. The nocks found a quick way off my arrows and into the archery box of shame for me.

Quick Reply: Those crazy Turbo nocks?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.