Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Broadheads

Old 04-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow Broadheads

I think it depends on what you are hunting. For turkeys I use Crimson-Cuda expandables. Cheap, fly just like field points, great penetration, and did I mention cheap . For deer I have usedNAP nitronsbut am looking at the Rage.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

G5 striker is bar none the best fixed head. I shoot them with the rage practice head and they group well togther at least to 50 yds outside/wind/breeze and all. I can't say enough good about them. I have Muzzy MX3's that I didn't care about though.....shot left about 8" consistantly??? The 2 blade rage is outstanding too especially for Turkey if you don't mind a mechanical.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Crossfires, the fly great and never need tuning. Used to shoot Muzzy and NAP thunderheads prior to the Crossfires.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow Broadheads FIXed!!

Pics from Rob's 47 yard heart shot w/ rage broadheads. no pass through, back shoulder shattered into 6 pieces. I have never seen anything like it. bow was a matthews Switchback xt @ 72 lbs. Arrow was gold tip pro hunter.

my results were similar, except with a pass through in the boiler room. These will be in my quiver next year. 3 for 3 this year
I might have some tricks in there too if they shoot the same.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 AM

Another vote for Slick Tricks, so simple and yet accurate and tough, as well as pretty inexpensive, what more could a bowhunter ask for?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 AM

Rage love I am a believer. I shot 2 with them this year and I shoot at 26 draw at 40 yards blow right through a kansas doe. Big entrance and exit Love will nevr hunt with anything different.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

These are on my hunting arrows

Outback Supreme single bevel

I have some of these Outback Supremes as well. The question I have is, how does one sharpen a single bevel broadhead?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Hellrazor heads!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

G5 striker is the best fixed head. I shoot these out to 45-55 yds and they match the rage mechanical and it's amost a perfect match to my field tips.If you want a fixed broadhead the striker can't be beat and if you want a mechanical the rage is an awesome head that does some wicked damage, very good on deer or turkey. I've tested quite a few and these two are by far the best.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

A couple of guys I shoot 3D with use the G5 tekken II mechanicals, and swear they are the greatest thing ever. In a couple of weeks, Myself and two others are going on a boar hunt and will be using 3 different types of mechanicals. My brother is trying the G5tekken II, our friend is going with the Rage 2 blade, and I'll be giving the Grim Reaper Razorcuts a shot. So if this thread is still up after that, I will fill you in on the results. We all shoot Hoyt kateras, and our FPS are pretty close to each other, so if we can all manage to get a clean shot on a hog, it should be a pretty good test.

Quick Reply: Bow Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.