Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Broadheads

Old 03-15-2008, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Bow Broadheads

I'll stick to the Rage 2 - Blade broadheads. I couldnt believe the entry/exit wound, amazing! A friend of mine shot the Montecs last season. Put a good shoton and killed a doe but w/ a small blood trail. Probably just one of those things. I'm sure Montecs are a great head, alot of people love em'. Besides they have really cool advertisements! Lol
Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM

I've never had a problem with G5.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

i use the rage broadheads and unfortunitly when i had a chance to use them i missed. however even after hitting a rock and bouncing it managed to get lodged into a branch on the ground. the penitration and "entry wound" was great. hopefully i will get a chance to see how it effects an animal. i wasnt sure about these before this shot but now this is the only broadhead i will ever use.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Spitfire!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Mechanical RAGE 2 or 3 blade, Fixed Muzzys
Old 03-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know why people have such a hard time with G5's I shot two deer with it this year. One shot was high and hit her in the spine and split it in two. Dropped her on the spot.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:51 PM

G5 montec simple--1 piece construction / can be sharpened to a bad-ass-don't touch 'em unless ya wanna get a slice / no plane- no matter how fast you say it shoots /spin balanced -mine @ 30yds. hit about 1/2" low off my field points /will go thru a broadside whitetail @ 25yds. another 10+ yds. and bury almost an inch of arrow in a white oak sapling (not just a fluke did it twice) and be darned hard to pull out. Shot many gimmicks and new tricks of the day in my 28yrs. flingin stick and these bad boys deliver. Remind me alot of the bear razors I enjoyed so long!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Gotta go with Army 28 on that took a doe(big fat momma) with a spine due to a limb defection, upon dressing her out the upper backbone looked like a shotgun slug hole! I'm talkin a 3/4 to 1" see'n daylight thru the deers back hole! WOW just WOW, and it still was sharp enough to safely use again if needed and unharmed.....And by the way I ought to own stock in G5 cause I have bought 6 packs of these and will buy more as money pemits. Why? Well you never know if they G5 will stop production or the end of the world will arrive but I am a follower of the great M.R. James BOWHUNTERmags. founder in his belief that if you like a item buy as many of them as you can afford, becausewhen you go back to get another one thereare none left to be found AGAIN ! EVER ! NONE ! NADA! FINI!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 AM

SLICK TRICKS!! I have absolutely punished every deer I have shot with it. I have not had a deer run more than 50 yards!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:28 AM

I've shot muzzy for so long i can't rember when i started using them. But this year i'm going with slick trick.

Quick Reply: Bow Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.