Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The General or the Black Ice >

The General or the Black Ice

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The General or the Black Ice

Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 PM

Default The General or the Black Ice

Well I cant decide which oneto go with. I have shot them both but still cant decide. I have been going by myself to shoot them and I cant tell which is quieter, you guys heard these bows shot? Remember which was quieter? Between the two which would you choose? They seem to be pretty much equal to me. I cant really tell a difference when shoting them except for the weight factor and maybe less hand shock from the General.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:31 AM

Default RE: The General or the Black Ice

Considering that you can buya leftover 07 Black Ice for around 480 dollars to me its a no-brainer. By the way thats just what i did recently, bought in on the www.archerytalk.com classified section.

I checked out the General and its a real nice bow but i didnt like the weight. As far as being quieter and more vibration free all you have to do is add an STS im putting a mean v on mine, and it costs 44 dollars. These are just some suggestions always buy what your first impressions have told you. If you keep coming back to the General then buy it or you will always second guess your decision. Im very happy with the Black Ice though.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Black Ice is a real nice bow, and no doubt you should be able to find a bargain if you pick up an 07. Personally I prefer the Binary cams over a single cam but that is just my personal preference. No doubt in my mind the General is Quieter, and more shock free. Also a plus to the Binary cams is you get the option of Smooth or Speed mods. It really boils down to what You want and what you can comfortably spend.
Good Luck with your choice!! Both are nice shooting bows!

Dan
Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 AM

I was in the same situation, after looking around, these were my top 2 bows. In the end I thought the General was the better bow for me and that's what I went with. I think the center pivot and the weight of the bow make it a very very steady holding bow, the extra brace height was also a selling point. Like MeanV, my preference is also for binary cams, and the General is a good bit quieter. Either way, I think you'll be happy with your bow, and won't be underbowed in any way shape or form.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

This may help answer some of your questions.....

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=818
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM

now it ALL DEPENDS ON the cam type u like, wether it be single or bianary, the black ice is my recomendation in this scenario because its quiet and smooth, it draws straight and because of the bigger valleys, but the choice is ultimatley up to you
Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Dan, just got my mean v and i am impressed by the quality, havent shot it yet but im sure it works as advertised, Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 PM

Wow thanks for the responses guys I was/am racking my brain over this choice. Pabowhntr that was a very good journal thanks for the link gave me some more things to thimk about. Im heading out tomorrow to shot them both again and hopefully come to a decision. I will keep you posted on my choice. Thanks again to everyone.