Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

viper pro MT...

Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default viper pro MT...

well, i been wanting a GOOD sight for a while now. last summer i blew my cash on a groundhog rig...coulda bought a top of the line bow fully setup for what i paid, but my bow is an 06...i wanted the groundhog rig.

finally bit the bullet and ordered the Viper Pro Micro tune with .010 pins Saturday...it arrived today..

all i can say is WOW. i cant believe how well built that sight is.

figuring out how to adjust the housing took me a second or 2...instructions would have been nice, but once i figured it out, i cant get over how slick the adjustment system is...really ingenious..compared to my Truglo, i love it...cant tell you how many times i dropped the truglo housing in the dirt trying to hold the bow and adjust the sights...really like the Viper.

didnt like how i have to have my Alpine Soft Loc quiver mounted...it mounted OK, but i cant angle it how i like to because of the extension knob...no biggie, i dont shoot with it on normally, but did like to have it angled...not that big of deal really...guess if your going to have an extension, your likely to have that problem if your going to mount a quiver..reguardless of the sight and quiver..

i cannot get over how bright those pins actually are. its pretty dark and cloudy out side...typical winter day, and boy those pins were BRIGHT...they were perfect...i cant get over that...my truglo had wrapped FO pins and i believe had the same amount of FO and were .029 compared to the Vipers .010 and the truglo pins look like they dont even glow compared to the Vipers...just amazing...

love the all metal construction...the truglo im used to had some plastic..i really didnt like that..

that extention seems awesome...never had one before..

cant wait to get out there and do some real shooting with it...today i just got it close and came back inside...gotta get ready to go back to college here real soon...

but the Viper gets another thumbs up from me....man i cant wait to see it at some longer ranges...i know its going to be a big difference opposed to the truglo and .029 pins...though the truglo faired me well, it was time to move on...