Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT >

HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT

Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT

alright guys,I have shot the instinct and that thing shoots sweet and it is so quiet it shocked me the sound off the instinct was no louder than my switchback,I have a chance to get a really good deal on a new trykon I have not sot one yet is it a nicer shooting bow than the instinct.........Ted
Old 01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT

Trykon for sure.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Matt,have you shot both of these bows.........Ted
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 PM

The trykon IMO has only one draw back. The cams break over hard in comparison to other bows. It takes some getting used to but you can become comfortable with it. The first few times shooting it , my arrow would bounce off the rest. The Trykon is a good arguement for a containment rest. Other than that , it drives tacks, has great speed , even at shorter draw lengths, a great grip and a smooth draw. It's quiet and has little , if any ,shot vibration. The quality is the best I've seen on a bow. I would suggest you get a static yoke to have the ability to correct top cam lean.
My friend has an Instinct. It's a nice bow with a smooth draw and reasonable speed. Shooting an Instinct is not the same as a Trykon. I'm not bashing , but it doesn't have the "quality" feel like the Hoyt. But every bow feels different to every shooter. It is a good value for the $.

In the end , you should shoot both and descide.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think I will go shoot it,I think I can pick the trykon up for $400.00 he wants $450 but I think I can get it for 4 it's brand new in the box,and that's one thing I know hoyt has always been good for is a quiet bow,I know a couple of guys that have them and they love em,but I can buy the instinct for under $270.00 total big difference in the moola and it's a good shooter............Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

I think I will go shoot it,I think I can pick the trykon up for $400.00 he wants $450 but I think I can get it for 4 it's brand new in the box,and that's one thing I know hoyt has always been good for is a quiet bow,I know a couple of guys that have them and they love em,but I can buy the instinct for under $270.00 total big difference in the moola and it's a good shooter............Ted
If you don't buy it, send 'er my way. I'll pay 450 for another one[8D]

Shoot them both, I bet you'll choose the Trykon.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle Kyle if I don't buy it I will pm you and let you know,I don't know if I can spend the extra money right now or if he evan has it yet I don't know,give me a holler tommorow.........Ted

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

If you don't buy it, send 'er my way. I'll pay 450 for another one[8D]

Shoot them both, I bet you'll choose the Trykon.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Instinct. I shot a lot of bows before picking this one, but to be honest, I did not shoot a Trykon.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Although not intimately familier with either bow, i think that often times the difference between the hoyt/matthews bows and some of the more inexpensives bows, like the instinct, is that the instinct says "Bear" on it instead of Hoyt/Matthews. Not that the Hoyt & Matthews of the world aren't great bows, they are, but you pay a premium for the name. So i would shoot them both and unless the hoyt blows you away as being measurably better, id go with the instinct and use the money you save to buy a dozen new arrows.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 AM

^ i totally agree that is why i am going with a element instead of a hoyt (plus my budget is tighter then i thought)

Quick Reply: HOYT TRYKON VS. BEAR INSTINCT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.