Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good Fixed BH for Speed

Old 02-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good Fixed BH for Speed

I'm shooting very similar speeds as you and I am using Steelforce 85gr Titaniums. I've had no problems taking big boar out to 45yds. (Thats my max). Great broadhead and real tough but pretty pricey to experiment with.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:32 PM

The DEAD HEAD 100 group tigher at 50 yard than any other fixed BH. The helicial blades realy do help the flight and forgivness. I used them for the first time last season and loved the flight performance.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:29 AM
Spike

I'm with JD on this one. Steelforce is what you should go with. Great flight. Also this Head will stay together.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:25 PM

Wasp is coming out with a new small fixed head called the Boss Bullet. I believe
it' s 85 gr. I saw a prototype at a sportsman show and it looked like it would fly
sweet. They are supposed to hit the stores late spring or summer.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:08 PM
dcl

i' ve had great luck with the 4 blade muzzy. ya its only 90 grains but i push it up over 300fps. out to 50yds--practice range only. and it groups very well. also had great luck with archers ammo contenders. you just gotta start trying b-heads to see what flys good for you.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never shot a deer with one so I can' t comment on that aspect but Slick Tricks are the most accurate fixed head I have ever shot. They will hit where your field points hit. At any speed! I have intentionally shot them out of a mistuned bow and they still grouped with my field tips.
But at your speed a rocket steelhead expandable in 100 or 125 grain would blow through any deer even at 40 yards. I have found them to penetrate better than my fixed heads. I know that is hard to believe but thats based on my own testing. On 1/2 inch plywood the steelhead buried deeper than a muzzy,a slick trick, a steelforce, and a G5 montec. All shot on the same arrow, same bow and same distance. Repeated the test multiple times because I just couldn' t believe it myself but the results were always the same. The fixed heads all penetrated about 1/2 way the arrow but the steelhead buried to the fletching. Every time!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Muzzy 125gr., and Thunderhead 125gr. @ 300fps with fantastic accuracy out to 50 yds.

I`m sure the others mentioned are good ones, but I have yet to try them.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:28 PM

Look at the new Rocky Mountain Ironhead 100 . 1" cut . They should fly pretty good. Personally shooting 290+ I' ve had a very hard time getting consistant results with fixed blades, at least enough to hunt with. When I got real close I tried shooting on a real windy day (after someone suggested it) . And learned another archery lesson. Been shooting mechanicals ever since !!
Old 03-08-2003, 06:58 PM

I have had great flight out of the Steele Force broadheads and they are reasonable priced too.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:19 AM

i shot 7595 gt and i had trouble getting fb to fly very well i shoot 85 thunderheads on a 5575 at 298 and cut veins at 40 yrds. but the 7595 ihad to try 100 thunder heads but fly like a dream ,the reason i shoot 5575 and a 85 head is i already had 2 dozen of them didn`t want to buy all new heads i have passthroughs at 50 yrds
with my set up,with no complaints ,i know some of you guys don`t agree with taking long shots but i feel if your confident in your ability and condition are right i don`t have a problem with taking a shot out to 50yrds

Quick Reply: Good Fixed BH for Speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.