Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 slick trick broadheads opinion >

slick trick broadheads opinion

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick trick broadheads opinion

Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Default slick trick broadheads opinion

what is your opinon say vs the rage broadheads? Heard they fly like field pts, but how's the penetration & exit hole?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 PM

Default RE: slick trick broadheads opinion

well, you aren't comparing apples to apples, but i like the slick trick better. The Rage will give you a MUCH bigger entry hole, but the slick trick is FAR more durable. And, it doesn't look like a 4 blade head made the hole, rather......a 1 1/8" drill bit...it's amazing. I've witnessed deer killed w/ both this year (by me) and I'll be shooting tricks next year.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personaly havent shot the slick tricks but from what I know about them you cant even compair them to the rage. Not even close as far as durability goes. Penetration should be better.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I killed deer with both heads this year. I killed 2 deer with the ST's and have to replace the blades on both(1 passthru), Killed one with the Rage 2 Blade(passthru) all I had to do is re-sharpen the blades and put it back in the quiver! I like both heads but I'm leaning towards the rage at this point, they both fly excellent from my Bow!

Rgae 2 Blade hole, notice the busted rib!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot Slick Tricks since 03. I can't imagine not having Tricks in my quiver

How's this for a Hole?

You think 4 blades doesn't make a difference?Tricks don't open on impact, They Cut![8D]

Dan

Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

Rage hole looks bigger
Old 01-08-2008, 05:57 AM

You actually get more inches of cut w/ the slick trick. Yes, the cutting DIAMETER of the Rage is bigger. Hear me out here....

2 blade Rage = 2" of cutting surface. 2 blades, 1" each.

Slick Trick Magnum, 4 blade = 4 blades @ .5625" each = 2.25

Where does the .5625 come from? Simple. 1.125/2. But the ST has 4 blades, not 2?? Yes, but the cutting DIAMETER is figured from 2 opposing blades.....You've got 2 sets of 2 blades at 1.125 each......1.125 x 2 = 2.25.....So you actually have MORE cutting surface with the Slick Trick. Diameter isn't as big, but it cuts more.

IMPO, you can't go wrong with either head. Like I said, I've seen the damage inflicted by both of these heads this year, and both are simply awesome.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Slick Trick Magnums are awesome heads!
Devastating.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick all the way, never have to worry about it cutting/opening. I've shot three der with them, all devastating holes. I'd MUCH rather have a big exit for tracking than a big entry.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

You actually get more inches of cut w/ the slick trick. Yes, the cutting DIAMETER of the Rage is bigger. Hear me out here....

2 blade Rage = 2" of cutting surface. 2 blades, 1" each.

Slick Trick Magnum, 4 blade = 4 blades @ .5625" each = 2.25

Where does the .5625 come from? Simple. 1.125/2. But the ST has 4 blades, not 2?? Yes, but the cutting DIAMETER is figured from 2 opposing blades.....You've got 2 sets of 2 blades at 1.125 each......1.125 x 2 = 2.25.....So you actually have MORE cutting surface with the Slick Trick. Diameter isn't as big, but it cuts more.

IMPO, you can't go wrong with either head. Like I said, I've seen the damage inflicted by both of these heads this year, and both are simply awesome.

just curious, but, wouldnt cutting surface be determined by the angle of the sharpened edge of the blade in relation to the cutting diameter of minus the diameter of the part of the broadhead you attach the blades to?

or to make it easier to determine, just measure the length of the sharpend edge ofone blade and multiply it by the number of blades......

Quick Reply: slick trick broadheads opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.