Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 slick trick broadheads opinion >

slick trick broadheads opinion

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick trick broadheads opinion

Old 01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: slick trick broadheads opinion

Slick Tricks are great heads. Durable and cut a big hole. I've not shot the Rage so can't speak for them.

If you don't tune your bow the Slick Trick is not going to fly like a field point unless you get lucky. The Rage probably will. Regardless of what the package or the ads in the magazines say, your bow has to be properly tuned for a fixed blade head to fly. My Tricks group right with my field points but they didn't prior to broadhead tuning the bow.

You can't go wrong with a Slick Trick and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Fork Horn

Slick Tricks are the real deal, harvested 2 bucks with them so far and was very impressed with their performance.They fly like field points out of my Mathews Switchback.Can'twait to see how the 2 new style Slick Tricks fly. If someone has tried them I wished they would give us a report.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 AM

This was my first season using Slick Tricks. They shoot great out of my bow. and are devastating. I made two marginal hits (neck on one deer, and spine on the other, not real proud of either shot) and the "tricks" did enough damage to get the job done. The spine shot dropped the deer in its tracks (passed completely through the spine) the head was in perfect shape. The neck shot did not pass through but there was ample blood for the mile long tracking job and the broken off shaft and head did quitea bit of damage and eventually did him in. I have gone from Thunderheads, Wasps, Muzzy's, Steelforce, TekanII to "Tricks" and I feel really confident in the Tricks and plan on keeping them in my quiver.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:55 AM

Slick Trick has a new head for this year as well. It's called the GrizzTrick. 1 1/4" cutting diameter, 4 blade. It looks pretty wicked.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Slick Trick has a new head for this year as well. It's called the GrizzTrick. 1 1/4" cutting diameter, 4 blade. It looks pretty wicked.
Yes it does look Wicked!!

Dan
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never shot the rage broadhead's but I have shot the slick Trick's and I'll continue to do so.

I shot this bear at 25 yrds and the head went in one side breaking 2 rib's and cleanly coming out the other shoulder . That's all I needed to see to decide that slick trick's done their job.
This was the first season for the slick Trick's i might add and they weren't the sharpest ,but they really did work .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/Johns2006bear013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/Johns2006bear012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/Johns2006bear020.jpg
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: mobow

Yes it does look Wicked!!

Dan
I agree i might have no choice but to try them next year!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 PM

yeah maby, but the rage flew like my field tipsso i went with them.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

slick tricks or grim reapers will always be in my quiver!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Here are the facts:

The blades are thicker than most other broadheads: .035"

The blades come from Solingen and have a Rockwell hardness of 54, I believe, which is harder than all others except the Silver Flames.

There are four blades, with a combined cutting surface of 2" on the smaller, Standard head, and even more on the Magnums.

The Alcatraz locking system causes the blades to be interlocked within the ferrule. They cannot pop out.

The new ferrules are constructed of a steel that is stronger than titanium.

They fly extremely well and are guaranteed to fly like a field point, or you get your money back.

The owner of the company will quickly and faithfully reply to all your inquiries.

They are much less expensive than most other heads.

I love my Tricks!!!!!!

Quick Reply: slick trick broadheads opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.