Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 High Country and Iron Mace Experience >

High Country and Iron Mace Experience

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

High Country and Iron Mace Experience

Old 12-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Default High Country and Iron Mace Experience

I bought a High Country Iron Mace direct from High Country Archery about 3 weeks ago. I should've known from the start. They said it would be a week or so before the would have any lefties. I asked,"do you not make these?" She assured me they made them, they were only behind on production. After the bow finally came in, it had the wrong draw length module installed. I had to call multiple times about this before anyone would call me back. The person that did return my call assuered me that my correct modules would go out the following day, and only take one day to ship. On my next off day, 4 days later, I went to the archery shop. No Modules. I called the shoop 3 days later, no mods. I called High Country and there was no record of any mods being shipped for me. After all this , they wouldnt send the mods at no charge, I had to pay for them until they recieved the old mods in return. I shot the bow around 60 shots. The speed was up there, not as good as they claimed, but fast. I was shooting a 27" 5.5 grain Carbon Rev w/100 gr tips and blazers. a 310 gr arrow chronoing 319-320fps. After about 45 shots, the draw length seemed to lengthen a little. I had to change my form to see through the peep.I examined the cams. They were fine. I shot a few more times but it just didnt feel right anymore. I went inside and my string, right where the serving stops, was unwinding and freying. I sent High Country this pic in an email that I know is monitored. I called and left messages with humans that assuered me the message would be given. I had to order my own string today from the local pro shop. You would think, a company trying to make a come back, in such a competative market, would take a little better care of there customers
Old 12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: High Country and Iron Mace Experience

got a lefty iron mace and have shot it many times,not one problem, great bow bought from a pro shop.
this is my forth high country bow and have never had to use customer service cant comment on that but bow quality is great.excalibur,two max forces and now iron mace.