Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Grim Reaper Vs. Spitfire >

Grim Reaper Vs. Spitfire

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grim Reaper Vs. Spitfire

Old 01-25-2003, 01:31 PM

Default Grim Reaper Vs. Spitfire

I have decided to try a new mechanical broadhead and I have narrowed the field down to either the Grim Reaper or the NAP Spitfire.

If anyone has some feedback on these 2 broadheads, then I would like to hear it.

JJ

One shot one kill.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Grim Reaper Vs. Spitfire

Both are very good heads. The spitfires are stronger, the grimreapers open faster and penetrate better. As long as you have at least 55 ft/lbs of bow energy and a well tuned bow I think both will work very well on deer size game.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-07-2003, 08:09 PM

I've read a lot about both of these heads. I don't know which one to go with. I think I may go with the grimreapers only because of people saying that they open quicker and penetrate better!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:28 AM

I was told to steer clear of the Grim Reapers by a local pro shop. I originally was worried about penetration with Spitfires , but I have blown easily through most of the deer I've shot. This year I actually passed through a shoulder and broke the spine on a nice buck with a Spitfire(he was trying to duck my arrow). I have a friend who also uses Spitfires and has taken some deer and a nice black bear with them,all pass throughs. I shoot about 75# of KE , he shoots about 62# .Spitfires are the sharpest broadheads I have purchased out of the package(I've tried many) and the bloodtrails are awesome.Hope that is some help.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have Both sitting here right in front of me ! hmmmmmm , be honest I like the Grim Reapers, to me they look stronger. To my understanding it does not take a powerfull bow to penitrate, a under weight bow will pass through with these heads...BT

www.grimreaperbroadheads.com