Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Renegade Bows

Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default Renegade Bows

How many here use them and what are your views on them?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default RE: Renegade Bows

Your kidding me. No one here shoots aRenegade bow, designed by one of the guys who helped develop the legendary Mathews.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM

I have a Renegade Tominator II. I purchased it about 4 years ago. It's not a Bowtech or Mathews, but for the price I think it's a really good bow. It's extremely light which makes it enjoyable to carry around in the woods. The grip is comfortable, and the Realtree Hardwoods HD camo really looks nice on it. It draws smoothly, and is fairly shock free and quiet. (Again, it's not a Bowtech or Mathews) All in all, I think they're nicely made bows. Mineis a single cam, similar to the Mathews, whichfacilitates the smooth draw cycle. My Renegade Tominator II will now be used as a bowfishing bow as I have recently purchased a Bowtech Allegiance. You don't need that good of a bow for bowfishing, but I doubt I'll be complaining.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot an 04 Renegade TR-4, and as stated previous it's not a high end bow line but it is a good bow. I put an STS on it this fall and that really made a difference. If you are looking at a mid range price bow it is a good choice.

Konk
Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Spike

What determines a high end bow?

I have testshot bows in the past that cost 1/3 to 1/2 as much more than the Renegade line and noticed very little difference in performance or fit and finish when placed side by side. Ido thinkthe string and cables are oflower quality, but the cam was very similiar to Mathews and the machining also.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I'll tell you what.....every bow owner has a reason or two why they bought a particular bow. Every individual is different be it financially, physically or what ever, that's why there are so may different bow manufactures out there. I am happy with my Renegade, this will be my 4th year shooting it and I have NEVER had to take it in for repairs other than a new string. If you've shot this bow andYOU feel good about it....buy it.

Konk