Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Renegade Bows

Old 06-08-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Renegade Bows

Has anyone ever heard of Renegade Bows and if so what do you think?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Renegade Bows

kybowhunter79 I woud like to know about them too seeing they are made in my home state of Wisconsin
Old 06-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are a good bow not exactly top of the shelf but good in their own right.

Just dont get that Snake Skin camo it looks [:'(]

If you have a shop near you that carries them go and shoot a couple of them I think you will be surprised
Old 06-09-2004, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've not had one, but I got to handle and shoot a couple last week while visiting shops on vacay.

Negatives: I was not impressed with the draw cycle/valley/wall of their flamethrower single-cam. Not very fast either (if such things are a concern), especially considering the draw force curve. Quite a bit of vibe for the performance. That Nuge camo is more suited for bowfishing AFAIC.

Positives: Prices were decent, machining was decent, and the bow was reasonably "tight" considering the cost. Very quiet @ the shot.

Unless you'd like to have something "different", for the same kind of money ($475 to $500) I'd look into some of the Martin models like the Cougar Magnum/SE, Razor-X SE, PSE Venom, or even for a bit less the Hoyt Ultra-Mag.

I got to shoot alot of bows I had not handled yet, and I was most impressed with the AR34 w/ hybrid cam (didn't like the single). I may look into one of those for 2005.