Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ok i need help

Old 10-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default ok i need help

i wanna buya new bow after the season not sure which one but id like you guys to help me get the best stuff for it like sights and rest and w.e else u can think of so just give me your opinions on what you think i should set up wit i would like to start buying the sight and rest and string now just so i dont get stuk with a $1200 bill later
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Default RE: ok i need help

Well, honestly I think those decisions are ultimately up to you. The accesories you might like may differ from mine or anybody else out there for various reasons (price, durability, adjustments, the look...etc.) I think it is personal prefernce, but there are items out there that guys have tried and really like and really don't likefrom experience. I'll give you my two cents of what I like though.

Sights: I have some spot hoggs, but I really don't care for them all that much. They are tough and have a lot of fine tune adjustments but they are really heavy and they are a pain to adjust the individual pins up and down. They don't adjust like standard pins. This is the 3rd season I've had them, havn't got new ones yet because these were so expensive. I will next year.

Rests: This depends if you want to use a standard rest or a drop away. On my last bow I used a muzzy drop awayand compared to others it worked pretty good for me. It was a great drop away for hunting. I got a new bow that has parallel limbs and it wouldn't work right. They make them to fit the new bowsnow though. So I am trying a whisker biscuit now. It's nothing speacial but I think its fine for the amount of shooting and hunting I am getting to do right now. Again I will look for something else next year. I just needed a rest and I heard that they were great for hunting and it was cheap so I bought it. Most say that it don't but it has torn one of the flecthings of one of my arrows and they are blazers.

What kind of bow are you getting and how long before you get it. If it will be a while you might want to wait and see what else comes out because you might be interested in that. I would also just keep reading reviews and see what the good and bad is being said about the products. Hope this helps some.