Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Any Oneida Fans

Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Oneida Fans

When I am not hunting with my recurve I have an Oneida strike eagle I love. Not sure how fast it shoots and honestly cant get oneide to respond with the info. I bought it several years ago and love it. set at 65lb draw and shooting 30inch arrows. I shoot with my fingers though.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Oneida Fans

Shot one for the first 2-3 years I bowhunted, pretty fast, but that bow was a tank to carry around.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Never shot one, but my buddy Uncle Ted usually has one in his hands so it must be pretty good. I'd like to try one, but man they look long and heavy.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Heavy bow and I don't know why anyone would want to put cables through the bow itself. To me it seems like too much that could go wrong.

I have also known several people that had problems with the limbs not in tune. They would have them tuned, and the limbs would slip right back out of tune. But then again, if it works for you go for it. good luck.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Spike

I am a firm believer in the oneida series bows. The first oneida i owned was alittle heavy without a doubt but they have droped major poundage and length in the recent past. I am now shooting an oneida super eagle that weighs between 3.6 and 4lbs but the weight is made up for with the overall speed. As for the limbs slipping off I have had it happen to and it is a really easy fix. All you have to do is get your hands on a new set of the strengthening rods that are in the cams and they are good as new.