Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

kids bow

Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 PM

Default kids bow

Whats a good bow to start a 6 yr old out on?I was looking at the Genesis or pro genesis.
He was out there shooting with an old fiberglass compound bow all day after school. poor kid was so frustrated because the arrows wouldn't go straight.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kids bow

I would definetly take a look at the Diamond Edge. I purchased it for my daughter last year when she was 7. After trying several bows it was her favorite and after looking at all the different models I liked it the best of all the youth bows also.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM

Try to get your hands on a Bowtech Rascal. I bought my son a Bear Pioneer last year, but it was just too big for him. A guy that that goes to the bowshop had one up for sale, and let my son shoot it. Needless to say, we left the shop with another bow. The thing I like about it is how light it is. I do have to order new limbs for it though, nothings wrong with them, just need the 30lb.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 AM

I bought my 10 yr old daughter the Matthews Genesis and she can shoot it just fine. I like the fact that there's no draw length and the pounds can be adjusted from 10-20. According to the website the bow turned all the way to 20 generates as much energy as a 45lb recurve.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Browning Micro Adrenaline is worth a look, You can get it in 30-40# and 40-50#. It might be a little heavy DW for a 6 year old you say but i like this bow alot.