Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV? >

are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV?

I'm just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this. I know its a great thing to get a kid involved in hunting at a young age, but what are your thoughts on young children getting to shoot a monster buck on TV when theyve never hunted before or might not even have to sight their own gun in? To some, it means that now they have nothing to work for since theyve already shot the buck of a lifetime, but to others it presents them with one of the greatest things on earth, and thats getting to hunt whitetail deer. I know a lot of us work very hard to shoot a deer and never get the chance at a monster buck.

For me...Im neutral on the whole thing.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV?

Neutral? I don't think you would have made the post if you were neutral.JMHO. I see how it can kind of bug ya, but ya gotta let it go. It's just like the rich kids that had everything handed to them, instead of having to work for it. If I could put my kid on a monster buck, and let him take it on a tv show...I'd do it. But just so ya know, it bugs me also! Ithink it might make mejust a little bit jealous, but only for a second or two.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually i really am neutral. I can say good and bad things about it...but if i had to decide id probably be a little madder than happier just because a lot of times they dont earn it..not all the time, but most of the time.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be honest. Im against it. I think that putting kids on tv shooting big mature bucks gives kids thew wrong sense of deer hunting and what its really about. Most kids get caught up in the big buck phenomenon and expect the same thing when they start hunting their own land or public land. I think a kid should site in his/her own gun, do as much work as they can preparing an area, hanging stands, etc. Theres a big difference between real world hunting and shooting a buck that you actually work forand being put in a box blind on a game farm and shooting a buck that would eat out of your hand.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

kdsberman,

Obviously it does bug you or you wouldn't have started a thread like this! Pathetic little man! [:@]

What is it, really?

Is it the fact that you never took a decent deer when you were a Youth hunter?

Perhaps it's becasue you STILL haven't taken any decent deer?

Is it antler envy?

Pure jealousy, if you ask me. Of all people, who the heck are YOU to tell someone if they "deserve" a deer or not!

Is it possible that there are Youth hunters who may actually know more about hunting thanmany adults do! Kids that are real hunters anddon't justsimply play one on the internet?

I'd challenge you to run any of this BS across my 11 year old Daughter!

Perhaps I should have told my son when he found this 100"+ B&C shed that I should take it becasue he probably didn't deserve it!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pure jealousy?? And your saying im not a real hunter?? With what your saying your also speaking of wis_bow_huntr also and i bet he wouldnt be too happy either with the comments your making! If you think for a second that i am putting down your children than think again or how bout your try thinking. I've had my share of good, deer so dont even go there. If you dont understand the question im asking,than i suggestyou shuold turn on the Outdoor Channel to get a better understanding! Maybe you should think twice before making rude comments jerk. Calling real hunters "fake" really represents us hunters in a great way..keep it up.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I think a kid should site in his/her own gun, do as much work as they can preparing an area, hanging stands, etc. Theres a big difference between real world hunting and shooting a buck that you actually work forand being put in a box blind on a game farm and shooting a buck that would eat out of your hand.
I think that you're assuming that all Youth hunters are lazy idiots. I'll have you know that as a Father of 3, all my kids have been raisedwith a true love for theoutdoors. In fact, they've been scouting, glassing, shed hunting, moving stands, planting food plots,calling turkeys, etc, etc, since they were all 3 years old! Fromgoose pits to turkey blinds they love every bit of it. The important thing is to always make it fun and exciting.

What impresses me most is that my 11year old Daughter alreadystresses the importance of shooting more Antlerless deer and PASSING on immature bucks. She doesn't stress the KILL but the experience. The sights and soundsof just simply watching nature unfold before her eyes..... that IS what it's all about isn't it? Don't you think it's possible for even a kid to understand this? I don't think this is false hope but hope for thefuture of our sport. I feel my land and my sport is in very safe hands withmy Daughter and my Sons to help teach future generations they same love they have for the outdoors.

By the way, here's her shooting here T/C

Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman
what are your thoughts on young children getting to shoot a monster buck on TV when theyve never hunted before
I bet IF you would have shot a monster buck for your first deer than you would be singing a different tune?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman
I know a lot of us work very hard to shoot a deer and never get the chance at a monster buck.
And who's fault is that..... YOUR OWN!

Life is short,... hunt hard!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow you just keep going on dont you...whats next are you gonna send me your kids photo album? I dont even have to think about my first deer being a record book animal, because ive had to work for my deer ever since i was young, not get a lucky oppurtunity to hunt by Bill Jordan or someone and SHOOT a monster buck. give it up.

Quick Reply: are you FOR or AGAINST little kids on TV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.