Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Traditions Buckhunter ? >

Traditions Buckhunter ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Buckhunter ?

Old 10-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Spike

Default Traditions Buckhunter ?

I have found a used 50 cal. Traditions Buckhunter Pro with a gray laminated wood stock with swivels and 24" nickel barrel, 1:32 twist. They are asking $150 for it. It shows very little use and the stock is in like new condition. It is a great looking firearm.

Is this a reasonable price for this gun? Has anyone had any experience with this firearm? Any input will be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:31 AM

Default RE: Traditions Buckhunter ?

Does it come with the accessories or just the gun? I would say any gun under $200 and you like it is almost all that matters. I would ask to shoot take it to the range and try it out. If it feels good, shoots well, and you like it, than it' s probably a good deal. Good luck....
Old 10-03-2003, 08:00 AM

I have found a used 50 cal. Traditions Buckhunter Pro with a gray laminated wood stock with swivels and 24" nickel barrel, 1:32 twist. They are asking $150 for it. It shows very little use and the stock is in like new condition. It is a great looking firearm.

Is this a reasonable price for this gun? Has anyone had any experience with this firearm? Any input will be appreciated.
For that price you can buy a new American Knight. I had a buckhunter at one time and never really liked it. Of course at the time I won it, I was already using my Disc Extreme. I plinked with the buckhunter and that was all.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:18 AM

My rule of thumb on used guns is not to pay more than 2/3 of new value, and that’s if the gun is in excellent condition. For MLs check out the barrel really well, if there is any signs of rust or pitting, shot the gun before you buy. Plus run a cleaning jag down the barrel with a clean dry patch. Go slowly with the patch looking for loose spots in the barrel. Loose spots can indicate a bulge in the barrel. The barrel can bulge if someone doesn’t fully seat a load, or if they double load. – Both are easy mistakes to make. Look at the patch when it comes out of the barrel – it should still be clean.

Otherwise if the gun checks out – get it if like it and the price is right.