Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtechs 08' General

Old 10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtechs 08' General

I just shot the General last week while in Pennsylvania. I have tried most of the 207 flagship bows and believe me when I say that nothing is quiter and more shock free at the shot. Wasn't wild about the draw cycle though, It builds beautifully but has quite a hump just before breakover into the valley. The shot though is sublime to say the least. The one I really want to try is the new Diamond Marquis. I have a feeling that bow will be what the Patriot used to be in feel and every bit as silent as the General.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry... check out the thread entitled "Marquis closeups" in the bowhunting forum... I believe it just slipped to page 2. You'll notice which bow I compared it to...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now you guys really have me itchin' for the new bows. I put an order in for each of those and cannot wait until they arrive.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wasn't wild about the draw cycle though, It builds beautifully but has quite a hump just before breakover into the valley.
Terry,
I noticed a similar feel on mine, it more or less just drops off pretty suddenly and since it's so different than my other bows it took a few shots to anticipate it and apply the right amount of draw force to keep from just hammering right through it meking it feel odd.
Believe it or not I have heard that the FAST mods actually draw smoother with respect to that breakover. That it's a more mild slide into the valley so I am trying to get my hands on a set to compare.

The shot feel as you said is simply UNREAL.[:-]
Old 10-16-2007, 02:08 PM

No matter what we all buy .I'm sure our wifes will completely understand.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 PM

I shot a 2008 General on Saturday - had the same opinion. Nothing has ever been in my hands that was so quiet and shock free.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same thoughts here. I finally got my hands on one last night. I have the same impression in terms of the noise/recoil levels...nonexistant. There is that bit of a hump in the draw cycle but I am sure after a few shots I will become more accustomed to it.

My first thoughts on the bow....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2385769
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

I just came home with my General. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, so look for an update in the next couple of days.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Same thoughts here. I finally got my hands on one last night. I have the same impression in terms of the noise/recoil levels...nonexistant. There is that bit of a hump in the draw cycle but I am sure after a few shots I will become more accustomed to it.

My first thoughts on the bow....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2385769
The draw cycle sounds similiar to that of the Trykon but of course that's nothing new to Hoyt's extreme cams which I've been use to so the draw on the new Bowtechs will be sweet.

I'm looking forward to putting my hands on this bow very soon. Hard cams like this is where the speed and energy lies, one reason why Mathews are somewhat shall we say slower. With the nonexistance of noise and vibration, it's all icing on the cake of one sweet, sweet bow. I remember shooting Matt's Guardian and being in AWE about how quiet and shock free it was. I not sure how that could be improved upon except they kept the incredible shock free, noise free and added speed. Bowtech keeps impressing me.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Spike

The General seems to be about 10 fps slower then the Gaurdian. Is the lack of speed made up in smoothness?

Quick Reply: Bowtechs 08' General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.