Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Apex sights

Old 09-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Apex sights

Has anyone used that apex sight with the the six .019 pins? I like the g5 ME, and have seen one. I like the pictures of the apex, but have never put on in my hand. Anyone know anything about them?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Apex sights

I havent used one But I did fondle it. It is very nice and I am actually contemplating buying one.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have one. It is a little tricky to get adjusted. Because of how it adjusts it takes a lot of fine tuning. Not a sight you can just move a tiny bit every now and then. You adjust the up down you have to rotate the pin housing to keep your pins straight and this in turn can affecet the up down.

When I bought mine the guy at Cablelas told me to be very careful with the sight light. He said the housing that holds it in is pretty fragile and would break. Viola, two days later mine was broke. I was just taking the light out as they are illegal in South Dakota. I returned the sight and took the light out and won't put it back in.

For the money I wouldn't recommend the sight unless you are going to take the light out as I did. As fragile as it is you will break it within a year, I don't care how careful you are with it. Until they fix that issue I would tell you to stay away.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

It depends on which sight you get Mez. I believe the .019 is not the sight you are talking about?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I went ahead and purchased the g5 ME. I, too, have fondled it and I kinda liked it.