Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

String Silencers

Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Spike

Default String Silencers

Looking for opinions on what are the best string silencers out there right now. Are the Sims String Leech's good and durable?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String Silencers

ORIGINAL: Taylorman

Looking for opinions on what are the best string silencers out there right now. Are the Sims String Leech's good and durable?
Save your money, buy a package of cat whiskers. I had string leaches, after 'bout a month they flew-apart. Cat whiskers (properly installed) will still be on your bow when you replace your string.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Madjac wholeheartedly. Cat whiskers are the way to go. I had leeches and they fell apart after a couple of weeks. Cat whiskers never fall apart, they are cheap, and they work. Another option is a string suppression system. Look into a MeanV or a STS.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Cat wiskers... only cost a dollar or two and they often come with 2 pairs in the package... so you can share with you huntin buddies
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go with the leeches. Mine have been on for a long time and still havent shown any signs of weakening or coming off. And they work great. Go with leeches.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Leeches work great, but don't last worth nothing.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

My string leeches lasted maybe 50 shots. Installed cat whiskers and have over 300 shots with no problems. They only cost $1.19 for a pair. I also have a meanv style string silencer, highly recomend that also. IMO
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 AM

I've had the same set of string leeches for a year and a half and they are just fine. And I shoot year round. Cat whiskers are fine too, I had them previously. I switched to all SIMS products. Leeches, Limbsavers, and Stabilizer, and my bow is way quieter, and there is a lot less vibration. I am a big proponent of all the SIMS products. If you buy some leeches that have been on a rack for a long time, or if you leave them out in the sunlight, they will become brittle and tear up easily. If you keep your bow in a case when not in use (like me) they should last you two or three seasons easily.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sooner1982

I've had the same set of string leeches for a year and a half and they are just fine. And I shoot year round. Cat whiskers are fine too, I had them previously. I switched to all SIMS products. Leeches, Limbsavers, and Stabilizer, and my bow is way quieter, and there is a lot less vibration. I am a big proponent of all the SIMS products. If you buy some leeches that have been on a rack for a long time, or if you leave them out in the sunlight, they will become brittle and tear up easily. If you keep your bow in a case when not in use (like me) they should last you two or three seasons easily.
I am a believer in simms products also but my leaches just didn't last. What works for some may not work for others I guess.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The newer straight lobed ultra leaches are the best. They are actualy designe for use on a crossbow so they should hold up nicely on a regular compound. Ive used them the last couple of years and have yet to have one come apart. The catwiskers everyone keeps mentioning in my opinion are worthless. They quiet the string a little but create their own slap when you shoot.

Quick Reply: String Silencers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.