Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

String Silencers

Old 09-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Silencers

ORIGINAL: Sooner1982

I've had the same set of string leeches for a year and a half and they are just fine. And I shoot year round. Cat whiskers are fine too, I had them previously. I switched to all SIMS products. Leeches, Limbsavers, and Stabilizer, and my bow is way quieter, and there is a lot less vibration. I am a big proponent of all the SIMS products. If you buy some leeches that have been on a rack for a long time, or if you leave them out in the sunlight, they will become brittle and tear up easily. If you keep your bow in a case when not in use (like me) they should last you two or three seasons easily.

Im with you on that. Im a huge believer in all of SIMS products. My bow is loaded with them, and for a reason..they work very very good.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 AM

I just picked up a CSS from Mean V and was able to remove my sting silencerscompletely! It definetly works as advertised.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM

I diduse string leechsand theyfall apart. Super leechs by sims are alot thicker thanthe regular but I went to the fuse alpha shocks and they are lasting pretty well also I have and sts on there and my bow is dead quiet. I personnally would go with either alpha shocks or super leechs
Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple questions for those who decry the Simm's leeches. Are you referring to the originals? Yes, thse did fly apartand flew out of the string on a regular basis. They have been improved as passthru79 has stated. Have you guys tried these?

The new ones are what comes through as standard equipment on many bows so they can't be that bad. I've got them on four bows, one of them has been wearing the Super (or Ultra) leechs for 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. I;d like to know what guys are doing that they can't keep them in one piece. The only answer I keep coming up with is that they are put on the string where they whack the cable yoke pretty hard. In that case anything is going to take a beating.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I have a couple questions for those who decry the Simm's leeches. Are you referring to the originals? Yes, thse did fly apartand flew out of the string on a regular basis. They have been improved as passthru79 has stated. Have you guys tried these?

The new ones are what comes through as standard equipment on many bows so they can't be that bad. I've got them on four bows, one of them has been wearing the Super (or Ultra) leechs for 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. I;d like to know what guys are doing that they can't keep them in one piece. The only answer I keep coming up with is that they are put on the string where they whack the cable yoke pretty hard. In that case anything is going to take a beating.
My upper super string leach always came apart no matter where i put it, so i went with the cat whiskers and they work for me. What works for you may not work for me and what works for me may not work for you..
Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Goat542

I just picked up a CSS from Mean V and was able to remove my sting silencerscompletely! It definetly works as advertised.
A lot of guys do just thatIf I use any String silencers I prefer the Bowjax offerings over the Sims. I sell them both, but I do have my preferences

Dan
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Super G Force

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

My upper super string leach always came apart no matter where i put it, so i went with the cat whiskers and they work for me. What works for you may not work for me and what works for me may not work for you..
X2
Old 10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have had my leeches on since I bought the bow two seasons ago and have not had any problems with them yet.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot with both the string leeches and the cat whiskers. The cat whiskers are cheaper, and the bow is just as quiet. I would like to hear the guy shoot who says the cat whiskers make a sound when shot. The bow itself is louder than the whiskers. No bow is absolutely silent. But, the whiskers probably do cost you a fps or two more than the leeches because of their bulk.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

I usually cut my cat whiskers down to 1" per side to cut down on the bulk of them and they work well..

Quick Reply: String Silencers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.