Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Scent-Lok Solutions...??? >

Scent-Lok Solutions...???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scent-Lok Solutions...???

Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Scent-Lok Solutions...???

Just wondering if anyone out there has some practical suggestion on how to store and care for scent lok clothing withoutspending $200 dollars on the scent-lok storage closet, duffel bag and air-tight storage sack!?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Scent-Lok Solutions...???

XXL ziploc bags and plastic storage containers at walmart, much cheaper.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Spike

Can buy a scent lok lined bag on ebay for under $30. Mine is big enough for all my clothes and gear. Otherwise Red Lion has a good solution for cost wise.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why bother with storage bags at all? I don't even launder my suit after hunting season. I wait till right before next season and launder it. Between the washer and the very hot dryer it's ready to go. I keep it in a plastic bag during the season in the back of my truck, but it still goes in the dryer for a good "recharge" about once a week.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 AM

I use a Scent Lok tote. It has a carbon lined lid and air tight seal for $55 on ebay. It holds all my clothes plus additional gear.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Get a Rubbermaid tote, scrub the inside with baking soda, and then toss in a cloth bag full of aquarium charcoal from the pet shop, you'll lose a lot less money and get the same result as you would with the name brand stuff.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:50 PM

I was looking for the aquarium charcoal but wasn't sure if there was a specific type I should get or not? Is it just your standard stuff from wal mart? I already got the rubbermaid box, scrubbed the inside with baking soda and filled it with dirt and pine branches......Any other ideas???
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Fork Horn

i dont use any of the carbon items but i do keep my close extra cared for and i use the HS plastic scent free bags i think there like 3-4$ and then put that in a rubbermaid tub.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tommy_the_revelator

I was looking for the aquarium charcoal but wasn't sure if there was a specific type I should get or not? Is it just your standard stuff from wal mart? I already got the rubbermaid box, scrubbed the inside with baking soda and filled it with dirt and pine branches......Any other ideas???
Aquarium charcoals are all pretty much the same. Alternatively, you could buy a bag of natural "lump" charcoal for bbq's at some stores, this is the kind that is just burned hardwood chips, not the briquttes. Lump charcoal has no chemicals or fillers in it like the briquettes. Wal-Mart carries it, though at this time of year they may no longer stock it. Making lump charcoal is a simple process, you burn clean hardwood chips in a clean enclosed vessel that has a vent to control the oxygen level the way a charcoal grill does. The wood needs to just char thoroughly, not burn away to ash.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea you can use large zip lock bag's or yes you can buy a decent starage bag as I did from www.phantompredator.com for around $20 to $30 as I have .

nubo

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok Solutions...???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.