Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Question

Old 09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Question

Hello All,

I am wanting to get into Archery Hunting. I have been looking at the PSE Nove S8. Bass Pro has it on sale for $249 and I have about $50 in Bass Pro Coupons/Certificates so I would get t for about $200. Does anyone have any experience with this bow or PSE in general? I appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Jake
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Bow Question

ive had two which i bought both brand new,they both caused more problems then they were worth,get somethin else.what r you lookn 2 spend?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking to spend around $300 or so. This just seemed to be a good deal, but I wasn't sure if it was a good deal for me or Bass Pro.

Jake
Old 09-21-2007, 07:48 PM

when i first started archery hunting i had a pse nova. it's great for a beginner. i used it for two years. i now have a bowtech, but the nova was still shooting ok when i got rid of it.It'll kill a deer.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM

bowtech vital impact
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have used a PSE Firestorm lite for the past two yearsand love it. I think that you can pick it up as a complete set with sights and everything you need for around $400-$450. My only advice is to make sure and shoot and hold the bow before you buy it. If your not comfortable holding it then you wont be comfortable shooting it.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 AM

PSE has one of the best warrenties in the business, If you are looking at it at Bass Pro's they will let you shoot it there to see how you like it before buying it. They also carry the diamond line from bowtech, I would ask to shoot a couple of the bows in your price range before deciding. Just about all the bows that Bass pro carries comes with good warrenties.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JakeinTX

Does anyone have any experience with this bow or PSE in general? I appreciate any comments.

I shoot a PSE Super G Force, as you could tell by my name. I have shot it for 1.5 years, used to shoot browning and bears before my pse. Just put new strings and cables on it. Love shooting it. My dad has shot PSE for about 10 years and he has not had any problems with them. I do not have experience with the specific bow you are looking at but I sure enjoy my PSE.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Spike

I too started with a PSE bow simply because I was a beginner and money was an issue. The bow shot well enough to kill deer consistently. Although when I bought a Mathews Legacy, I knew I would never go back. The quietness and feel is a class of its own. Talking in my opinion of course. The bottom line is that PSE worked well for me as a beginner on a budget.