Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE x-force

Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 AM

Default PSE x-force

Hi all,
I'm having a deal on a Pse X-force. $675 without equipment.

What do you think about this bow? Any reviews?

I've seen some vids on youtube,the speed and kenetic energy is really impressive!

Thanks
Francis
Old 09-21-2007, 07:52 AM

Default RE: PSE x-force

MY HUNTING PARTNER GOT ONE A FEW MONTHS BACK. HE LOVES IT. IT'S THE BEST BOW I'VE SHOT THIS YEAR. SMOKING FAST. WE GOT IT TO SHOOT 348 THROUGH A CHRONO BUT THE ARROW WAS TOO LIGHT AND COULDN'T GET A GOOD PATTERN WITH IT. HE WENT TO A HEAVIER SET UP AND WAS SHOOTING 325FT AT 29INCH DRAW 70 # WITH A BEMAN 400 AND 75 GRAIN HEAD. $675 IS AN GREAT DEAL. HE PAID 700 AND THAT WAS A GREAT DEAL IN MY AREA. I WOULD OF BOUGHT ONE AT THAT PRICE. I'VE SHOT MANY BOWS OVER THE YEARS AND NOTHING CAME CLOSE TO THE SPEED OF THIS THING. MOST BIG BOW COMPANYS SHOOT AROUND 315FT AT 30INCH DRAW AND 350 GRAIN ARROW. I'VE SHOT THE NEW HOYT VECTRIXS AND ONLY GOT 295 AT 29IN ON 70# WITH THE BEMAN 400. THE HOYT WAS A LITTLE SMOOTHER TO SHOOT BUT THE SPEED MAKES UP FOR IT. I PLAN ON GETTING AN X FORCE NEXT SEASON. I WANT TO WAIT BECAUSE IT IS A NEW BOW AND I WANT TO SEE HOW IT HOLDS UP THIS SEASON. I'VE ALSO HEARD PSE IS COMING OUT WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION NEXT YEAR THAT HAS MORE BRACE HEIGHT. MORE IS BETTER FOR ME. BUT I'M NOT 100% THAT PSE IS RELEASING A NEW BOW. JUST A RUMOR I HEARD FROM A BOW REP IN MY AREA. I'M SURE SOMEONE ON THIS SITE COULD BETTER ANSWER THAT. THE GRIP IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN ON A FACTORY BOW. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU SHOOT IT WITH GOOD FORM OR YOUR ARM WILL PAY FOR IT. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CHOICE. JUST TO MENTION I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE HOYT VECTRIX OR BOWTECH GUARDIAN. SHOOTTHE PSE AND EVERYTHING ELSE. BUY THE BOW THATS RIGHT FOR YOU. ...........ALWAYS ....GOOD HUNTIN
Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

I shot one the other day when I bought my Drenalin. It felt almost exactly the same as far as recoil / vibration / sound etc. It definitely has a harder cam, but I don't have a problem with that. It was nice for sure....and lots faster than the Drenalin.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

I just bought one and absolutely love it....the draw cycle and "readiness" to fire at full draw takes a bit to get used to but mine is very quiet, vibration free and lightening fast....~320fps with 29" draw, 367grain arrow, 70lb draw...I was told once my cam timing is adjusted to compensate for my string stretching, i will gain some speed back.
Can't wait to hunt with it! I say jump on it.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM

speed is overated its about accuracy
Old 09-23-2007, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mathews outback

What about the accuracy of this bow?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 buddys that both have the new PSE the new one with more brace height is the x 7 one has it and the other has the x force both are screaming fast,quiet and smooth and yes very accurate, good luck with your decision , but shoot it first make sure you like it
Old 09-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Very true but part of being accurate is good range estimation...so with a faster bow, it's less critical to get the yardage exactly right...so i went with speed
Old 09-24-2007, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: RICE ETR

Very true but part of being accurate is good range estimation...so with a faster bow, it's less critical to get the yardage exactly right...so i went with speed
The PSE web-site calls the X-Force the "one pin bow". For hunting, they recommend sighting dead on @ 30 yds. They say that will put you 1.5" high at 20 yd. and 4" low @ 40 yd.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 AM

The Pse X-Force is a very fast bow true, It has a hard pull with very little valley, don't let it creep forward. As far as it being the fastest on the Market as PSE would want you to think, NOT TRUE. There are bows with that speed also they didn't show a comparison to. Like the Iron Mace, the Black Mamba II Onieda makes one that is there at that speed Elite's Envy, and you can put speed mods on the allegiance andwill be there in speed. So now the only thing you can do is to try all these bows and compare them for yourself to decide which feels best for you.

Quick Reply: PSE x-force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.