Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec???? >

Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec????

Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec????

OK I've used and loved the G5 Montec.... but the local archery store cant keep them on the shelves so I grabbed some hellrazors (its kinda gettin to close to season here to be without some nice sharp broadheads ) I just wanna know if any of you have used the hellrazors before??
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec????

My wife is using them this year. I had her set up with montecs but since she doesnt pull that much weight and has fairly low KE I switched her over to the hellrazors because the come alot sharper out of the package. They actualy hit the exact same spot the montecs did. I think both heads are pretty much equal but like I said before the hellrazors come shaving sharp and the montecs are a bit tricky to get that sharp.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I was worried about the whole KE since I have a 70# Trykon... they feel a little flimsey compared to the Montecs but I'm fairly excited to see how they fly and penetrate
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I can tell you is at 220fps they fly good and kill foam really well. Come the first weekend in Oct. hopefuly Ill be able to tell you about on game performance.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM

no comments onhellrazor , but the NAP razorcaps are fairly similiar but way deadlier. they dominate the montecs
Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

No difference. There's like 4-5 heads that are exactly the same. I wonder if they were mixed up if people could tell which was which. Love the name.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 AM

I use 85 gr G5's.. Fly great! Cut nice too!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot the montecs in the past with good results, if you put it through the lungs you'd recover the animal. However there was typicallyvery little blood to follow, to me they just weren't sharp enough. Because of that I switched to razorcaps....great heads no complaints. I'm currently shooting Spitfires but have shot the hellrazors they fly just like my field pts and like mentioned before they are shaving shap right out of the package! Yes they are SIMILAR but not the same....I was told by someone in the know at NAP about how they are made and I'll spare you the details but they use a different type of metal that allows for a better edgeso if I had a choice between the two I think you'd be better off with the hellrazors due the the excellent edge they have on them.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 AM
bigcountry

YOu know, I am little dissappointed in the G5's. I shot a doe last night. She was about 25 yards, and I was real high in the tree. She was walking away from me and slightly quartering to me. I figured the arrow would hit near the top of the rib cage but figured it would puch down hit both lungs and come out on the right leg. I figured the G5 would cut thru her like a laser. But what happened was it hit where I figured, slide on top of the rib cage and thru the spine or up the spine(and tenderloin). And didn't penetrate all the way.

Deer expired within 10 seconds, but kinda surprised. I realize the top of the back is pretty solid, but thought the G5 could punch thru easily

Old 09-20-2007, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

YOu know, I am little dissappointed in the G5's. I shot a doe last night. She was about 25 yards, and I was real high in the tree. She was walking away from me and slightly quartering to me. I figured the arrow would hit near the top of the rib cage but figured it would puch down hit both lungs and come out on the right leg. I figured the G5 would cut thru her like a laser. But what happened was it hit where I figured, slide on top of the rib cage and thru the spine or up the spine(and tenderloin). And didn't penetrate all the way.

Deer expired within 10 seconds, but kinda surprised. I realize the top of the back is pretty solid, but thought the G5 could punch thru easily
Big, did you sharpen them or just use them out of the package? I've noticed the Montecs need some TLC to get a good edge on them out of the box.

Quick Reply: Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.