Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Has anyone used a Diamond Edge bow?? for my son >

Has anyone used a Diamond Edge bow?? for my son

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Has anyone used a Diamond Edge bow?? for my son

Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Has anyone used a Diamond Edge bow?? for my son

thinkin about pickin one of these up for my boy to learn on, looks like a solid bow that will last him several years (buying different limbs as necessary, of course)... i'd start him out with the 20-30# limbs and a low setting... his current draw is between 20-21"... obviously the best option is to have him try it and see how he does... but its hard to find demos available for this particular bow... any ideas how to check what he's comfortable drawing and etc???

thanks guys!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Has anyone used a Diamond Edge bow?? for my son

i dont know for sure but i dont think its built for that size. i just got my nefew set up with one and its a excellent bow. he shoots a 25" draw at 43lbs but the limbs vary alot according to the shop i bought it and she showed me one that topped out at 56lbs at his draw and others that topped at 45lbs at his draw all rated at 50lbs. so be sure to go to a shop and check them out.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 AM

Yea I was looking at buying one for my girlfriend. The pros at my local shop said that was the best bow for her. I think it even can come down to 29lbs. Great bow for him.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM

thanks guys... according to the Diamond website it does have a low draw weight available... 29, 40, and 50lb... i have to assume that there is adjustability (somewhat) inside those ranges, say between 40 and 50 and between 29 and 40, and logically even a tiny bit of adjustment below 29 (with regard to draw weight)... and has adjustable draw lengths available between 18-28"... this seems like a really solid youth bow that has enough flexability to grow for some time and of course be passed down to the younger brother when he's ready...

i really need to get him to a shop to size it before i commit to anything... admittedly, one selfish reason I'm considering it is that I'm thinking about a Black Ice for myself and thought he would enjoy having "the same" bow as dad...
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM

got the g/f the edge and she loves it. one great thing aboot these bows is that when your son wants a heavier draw weight you bring it back to a Diamond dealer and for $40 they replace the limbs and cams to bump you up to the next draw weight range (30-40, 40-50, 50-60) also as your son grows you dont a bow press to adjust the draw length, all you need is an allen wrench that comes with the bow.

The Cabelas here in minnesota took almost 2 1/2 hours setting up an edge and adjusting it so the g/f could get the feel for it. then they took a half hour after they closed to finish setting the bow up for her and cutting arrows.