Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fav. Thumb Releases

Old 09-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Fav. Thumb Releases

Which are your favourite thumb style release aids? I really like the Carter Chocolite Addiction, but it is very pricy. What one would be the best for hunting and 3D?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fav. Thumb Releases

i use an Omega thumb release and think its great .

Dave

Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Thats a nice looking release butI don't thinkthat would be good colour for hunting. Can you get those in Canada?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing a bit of camo tape can't sort out , as for Selling in Canada ....not sure . Think its British made .... leave it with me . i may sort something out .

Dave
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting I use the TruBall Extreme with Talon head and for target I have the Mag-X made by Ken Stanislawski.
I changed out the springs in the TruBall to the heavy springs and the Mag-X has magnets instead of springs to give that surprise release with no trigger travel.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because I have small hands very few feel comfortable to me. For about 15 years or so I've used the Cascade model 8/rope release.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been using a Carter Just Cuz for about 6 months now. Before that I shot TRU Ball exclusively. I still shoot the ST-3 for hunting, I love the open hook design.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Do you use true back tension releases for 3D? Hey Rick who makes theST-3? I have been Reading "Core Archery"by Larry Wise and I really want to use it, but I am having troubles with my short-n-sweet executing it. So i was thinking along the lines of the thumb style for hunting.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Do you use true back tension releases for 3D? Hey Rick who makes theST-3? I have been Reading "Core Archery"by Larry Wise and I really want to use it, but I am having troubles with my short-n-sweet executing it. So i was thinking along the lines of the thumb style for hunting.
I shot ahinge (BT release) exclusively for a year and a half for everything but hunting. The ST-3 is a open hook designed thumb trigger made by T.R.U. Ball.

If you are thinking of going to a thumb trigger to help you shoot using backtension, your making a big mistake I feel. Learn how to do it with a true hinged release until it is subconscious and then switch back.........

Honestly a good coach would be the best thing you can spend money on if you really want to learn how to execute a clean shot out of your back. If you have interest in this, let me know and I would be willing to help you finda good coach in your area.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Well, thank you for the offer but I would like to try and do it on my own at first. Why do you figure I would be making a mistake going to a t handle release to learn back tension?

Quick Reply: Fav. Thumb Releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.