Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Fletching is peeling off, pls help >

Fletching is peeling off, pls help

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fletching is peeling off, pls help

Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Fletching is peeling off, pls help

Redhead Carbon Maxx 3000 arrows are a few yrs old and the fletching is pulling off in some cases. In others, I have cut and torn the fletching from practice shooting. Super glue has no held up as the fletching pulled back off. Any suggestions on how to save these arrows and if it is worth the money and time, or should i just buy a new set of carbon express?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Fletching is peeling off, pls help

Hi- If your fletchins just pulling off-there was probably not enough glue on them to start with,as they are mass produced quickly.As for the arrows-if you like them and the shafts are still good-takem to a archery shop.They will refletch them and they will be better than new.The shafts have to be prep before new flething can be put on.You can try the blazer vains and pick the colors you want.The cost will be -MUCH- cheaper than buying new arrows!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Default RE: Fletching is peeling off, pls help

If those are old arrows that have been shot alot, it's prolly time for new arrows anyway. The old addage that "carbon is either straight or broke" just ain't true. The spine also goes bad in them over time. If you are noticing your groups aren't what they used to be, or you have an unexplained flyer from time to time, prolly time for new arrows.

Vanes won't stay glued on forever, they will need replacing eventually. I think what you are experiencing is pretty standard, no need for concern.

If the arrows are still good, and you don't want new ones, strip off the old vanes and lightly rub the arrow w/ one of those scotch brite green pads.....clean w/ denatured alcohol and refletch.