Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rubber Boots?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rubber Boots?

LACROSSE ALPHA BURLY'S 1000 GRAM INSO I don't think you can buy a better rubber boot there comfortable easy to walk in quiet and good traction and more importantly they keep your feet warm when it gets colder,I put a thin neopreme sock on and a woolrich merino wool sock over it it and it is good for around 20 degrees
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

excuse my repy to that 20 Degrees and thats setting for along time
Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

LACROSSE ALPHA BURLY'S 1000 GRAM INSO I don't think you can buy a better rubber boot there comfortable easy to walk in quiet and good traction and more importantly they keep your feet warm when it gets colder,I put a thin neopreme sock on and a woolrich merino wool sock over it it and it is good for around 20 degrees

youre right..
i take 11 size,so in deer i use 1500 one alpha burly in 1 size bigger and aggresive soleand i pair of socks,89.00 dollars at my friends store 2 years ago..

in grouse/pheasant, archery, i wear the alphaburly sport, those olive green ones UNINSULATED in size 11,you want them tight in grouse season..
the soles on them are not aggressive so you dont have hardly any weight..

i just got them friday and walked the creek and caught 3 bookies and released them and did not hardly slip on stones..
they have sole like a fishing boot..they were 49 dollars and 5 dollars to ship..

if you go on my friends site, he does not always show all boots he has, SO, give him call,i think he has about 5 different kinds of the lacroosealpha burly boots that are not shown.....

you wont find cheaper place to get boots or cheap shipping ...

make sure you know your size before you order, i go to sporting goods and try on size before i order..

www.bootbox.com
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I went to that website. This is what I got; "No records were returned for 'LACROOSE, alpha burly'"
Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Gimphunter

I went to that website. This is what I got; "No records were returned for 'LACROOSE, alpha burly'"
the only thing i DONT like about bootbox is they dont keep their site up to date..

i called them on wednesday and ordered my alpha burlys arrived on fridayand he said he had, i think 3 to 5 models of them, i know he said 800 grams/1000grams alpha sport.i think he said he had 60,000 boots
phone no is. 1-800-266-8269
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

HEY gimphunter,go to gander mountain and try a pair on with a thin pair of neopremes on and a pair of good wool socks and make sure there not tight on your feet you need them a little loose so your feet don't get cold when your sitting,make sure you by the insulated ones no less than 1000 GRAMS of inso,I guarantee that you will not be disapointed,if money is an issue go to gander mountain or someone who carrys them to make sure they fit good and you know what size to get,then look around for a better price.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

HEY gimphunter,go to gander mountain and try a pair on with a thin pair of neopremes on and a pair of good wool socks and make sure there not tight on your feet you need them a little loose so your feet don't get cold when your sitting,make sure you by the insulated ones no less than 1000 GRAMS of inso,I guarantee that you will not be disapointed,if money is an issue go to gander mountain or someone who carrys them to make sure they fit good and you know what size to get,then look around for a better price.
remeber, if you are walking a lot, use your regular size on boot..
if you are sitting, go 1 size bigger..
i take 11 shoe, so i ordered 12,BUT for grouse hunting i ordered 11..

so, you need 2 pairs, i use 11 around house today uninsulated and they were so light,real light..

as for prices, bootbox will beat ANYWHERE,great people and cheap shipping,i had my boots in 2 days or so...
Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Another Alpha Burly recommendation. I hunt the early season with the uninsulated version and the late season with a paif of Lacrosse insulated leather boots. Have also heard wonderful things about the Muck Boot Co.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM

My vote: Muck Boots!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

lacrosse alphaburly's are the way to go..you can get them in a wide range of insulations depending on where and when you hunt and they are realy really tough..i love em..

Quick Reply: Rubber Boots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.