Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trail camera viewers

Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Trail camera viewers

I thought I would pass along that you can view your trail camera photos in the field with a sony psp. I know a lot of hunters who have children that already own one of these. You can buy a SD adapter to fit the psp. That way you can view it in the field. It runs for about $25 (adapter). Why buy an expensive viewer when you can use one of your children's gaming devices, that you may already have. A psp, if you don't have one runs for about $150-200. At least you can play games on it, when your not using it for photo viewing.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Trail camera viewers

Leaf River makes a multi-card portable reader. The reader accepts Compact Flash type I and type II, Smart Media,Multi Media, Secure Digital and Memory stick. It uses two AA batteries, has a 2.5" viewing screen and fits in your shirt pocket. The reader sell for between $ 129.00 and $150.00. If you shop around you might find it fora little less than that.It has one cool feature in that you can zoom in for acloser look and then pan around the picture. I have not yet used it on trailcam pictures but I have used to view pictures from my regular camera and it has pretty clear views. It also will play video.The model # is PV-2.5 and can be seen atwww.myleafriver.com
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail camera viewers

Just use a digital camera that takes the same kind of card.

For the price of a viewer you can get a nice camera or save money and buy a cheap camera.