Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pipe cutter

Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Default RE: pipe cutter

Davepjr takes the arrow, marks the length, wraps that area with tape, sets the arrow on a Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector, puts the dremmel to the arrow and slowly rotates the arrow.

WHA LA!

Works flawlessly.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't have the problem with the cut off saw and its cheaper.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

You guys are forgetting I live in frikkin' Belgium, that's the country that has Brussels as a capitol, we may be highly advanced in politics and science but WE DON'T BOWHUNT, so even getting a decent bow is no sinecure.....I could ask my bowshop for a Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector or a
G5 ASD and he'll probably make the "huh" face and pulls up his shoulders....

Frank
Belgium
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Can't you order things on line, such as from Cabelas?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

You guys are forgetting I live in frikkin' Belgium, that's the country that has Brussels as a capitol, we may be highly advanced in politics and science but WE DON'T BOWHUNT, so even getting a decent bow is no sinecure.....I could ask my bowshop for a Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector or a
G5 ASD and he'll probably make the "huh" face and pulls up his shoulders....

Frank
Belgium
Sorry Frank but that there was funny! I can empathize somewhat, but at least I have mail order.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Sure, I can order and wait, wait......wait and wait some more for it to arrive and then pay taxes on it, and shippingcostsand then when something's wrong with it, ship it back to the US and wait, wait.....wait for it to get shipped back...

I'm jealous Kodiak, I wish I could visit someday.....
Anyway, I'm driving 2 hours tomorrow to get me a fletcher, 2 dozen arrows, vanes, a better adjustable WB and maybe a new sight.
I'm gonna ask the guy who works there everything he knows about bows and arrows and then I'm gonna lock myself up in my garage and build some straight arrows.....

thx for the simpathy...

F
Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pipe cutter, tried it

Ok, I tried cutting a carbon arrow with a pipe cutter and it works, you can cut the arrow square, BUT the cut itself is too messy, and you get a rounded edge...

So it's a no go for carbon arrows !!!

shame, would have been a cheap and easy way to cut yer arrows....

F.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bloodsaw

i was just thinking, HOW would u get a square cut with a dremel or anything like that, seems nearly impossible
If you watch what you are doing you can get it square most of the time free hand and use the G5 to finish off.I use the flexible shaft too which makes it a lot easier than holding the tool itself. I first put masking tape on the arrow and make a line the whole way around the shaft. I then set the arrow on my Pine Ridge arrow spinner and turn the shaft by hand while holding the dremel. Works great with the little cut-off wheels that are in a tube. I've used those little wheels to cutcarriage bolts off of bumpers sothey're tough enough for carbon arrows.

However, I do plan on making a jig this winter.

Frank,

A pipe cutter will crush the carbon fibers and weaken the shaft. Definitely not a good idea and not recommended.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Don't have the problem with the cut off saw and its cheaper.
You paid less than $40 for your cut off saw?
Old 08-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'm building my own cut off saw untill I can buy a cheap chinese one, the guy at my shop tells me, they're ordered and should arrive in a few weeks,
costs about 100 euro's that's 150 dollars. I saw the expensive one, next to the cheap one, only difference is the color......

I didn't mess up one of my arrows with the pip cutter, I just took an end i had left and tried it, like you said, it crushes the carbon too much to make a clean cut......

I also bought me a dozen beman arrows just to practice, once I get the hang of it, I'll do my eastons ( the camo matches my bow better)

F.

Quick Reply: pipe cutter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.