Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which IR Cam???

Old 07-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which IR Cam???

I am looking at buying an IR camera and wanted to know the pros and cons of these three cams. I have found the Stealthcam 2.0 NPDigital IR for $200, and the Moultrie GameSpy 4.0 for $220, and the Bushnell TrailSentry 3.2 w/nightvision for $250. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Which IR Cam???

i am looking at the same.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM

i have the i40 moultrie... i have pictures from it on my trail cam photo... i get 1.8 second trigger times out to about 45 feet..but on good warm days i get 70 feet some times. no noise ir works great..two problems with the unit...1st don't put it on the tree overly tight, it could cause a leak...i have mine in a box i made. 2nd it takes ir pictures 90% of the time...alot of black and white photos..but moultrie is working on the problem....filmware should be out mid august....i paid 188$ FOR MINE...THERE ARE GOOD DEALS OUT THERE, WALLY WORLD HAS IT FOR 199 AND FREE SHIPPING TO YOUR STORE ONLINE. I own a stealth model a few years old...i would not suggest them to anyone...they get constant bad reviews..even the new models. very slow trigger times 3-4 seconds...www.chasingame.com has many camera reviews. i get deer walking in front of mine all the time..no butt shots. all ir models, no matter what brand all have problems withtaking too many ir photos and not enough day photos. but the flash is worth it to me. the bushnell has had really bad reviews with trigger times and water leaking issues....i have a moultrie D4.0 flash camera also 100$ flash though...2-3 trigger time when in sleep mode about 1.5 sec in regular mode....can't really beat it for the money. good luck with your camera purcase....

ALWAYS....GOOD HUNTING
Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help, I also have the new $100 flash model moultrie and I like it alot. I will probably stick with the moultrie brand.