Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Hoyt????

Old 07-29-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Which Hoyt????

I am frustrated as to which hoyt I should buy or should I wait to see the 2008 bows. IfI was to buy one this year it would be between the Vectrix XL and the 38 Pro. I know what most of you are going to say, pick them up and shoot them then buy the one that feels best in your hands. Well the only proshop around does not allow shooting so Im sunk there. I have to base it on features and initial feel for just picking it up. What are your opinions?

Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Which Hoyt????

My opinion is to tell your pro shop to take a hike. Do they HONESTLY expect you to buy a $700 dollar bow w/out ever being able to shoot it first?????

But to answer your question, it depends on what you want. The Vectrix is a little faster, but the 38 Ultra w/ Cam and a halve's is a little smoother and I think it's a littel quieter. My shop owner has a 38 w/ the Vector cams on it, and that is one sweet shootin bow.....You're between the perverbial rock and hard spot....There is NO WAY I would tell you which would be the better bow....no way......Some how, you've got to find a way to shoot them....It's a coin toss......Glad I don't have to make that decision.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 PM

YaI wish I could tell them to take a hike but they are the only shop in my vicinity. Plus they have fair pricing too. I do not like the people that work there and there service is terrible but I really need a new bow. I just found out that I am a 30 inch draw and the razortech Im shooting only goes to 28''. I do shoot a loop but it still does not feel right, no wonder my groups aren't as tight lately.[8D]
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell them they don't get a sale if they do not let you shoot it. I doubt that theyare that rich that they can tell you to take a hike.

You could just order 30" cams for your Razortec.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Vectrix XL is an awesome machine! It's a first class rig that I'm positive you'd love. However, that being said, with the new '08 line-up due out in only 3 months or so (sometime in November) it may be in your best interest to wait and see especially if this is a bow that you'll have to shoot for a few seasons. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 PM

Really only three months!!!! Ok I can wait. Then IfI still wantone of the 07' bows instead they should be cheaper right? I have inquired about the cams but want a bigger bow like 38'' and above ATA. But would still take 36'' on the XL if it shoots nice. Ya I think I am going to ask to shoot the bow and be prepared to take me usiness elswhere. I guess 3 hours to the next shop isn't too far.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know you are talking about Hoyts. But you shouldn't overlook any of the other manufacturers out there. I tried the Vectrix and Switchback and bought a Bowtech Allegiance.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though I am a die hard Mathews guy, I would have to say the Vectrix XL. I shot one at the local pro shop when they first got them in. I was super impressed with that bow. Hoyt sure has a winner with it.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am waiting for all the '08's to show up and then I am getting a new bow. Be sure to see if there are any other dealers in your area for ANY bows. Try several. Now if I had to choose between those I would take the Vectrix XL for hunting because it is a little shorter ATA and I will be hunting some out of a Matrix blind. The 38 Pro is an AWESOME bow and if I was not going to be in the blind I would take that even out of a tree. Where are you at that the next Hoyt dealer is 3 hours away?? Oh and I am with the rest that say to tell your shop to take a hike. If you are SURE it will be one of those two then tell them they need to let you shoot both and that you will buy the one you like best. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a Vetrix and thats a nice bow and definitely fast. I just liked the way the Black Ice felt and I went that way. I would definitely try to find a place to shoot some bows you might be surprised at what you find out.

Quick Reply: Which Hoyt????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.