Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

First bow

Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Spike

Default First bow

I am about to buy my first bow. I don't wan't to break the bank but I still want a good one. I like the Bowtech Tomkat. any advice appreciated.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Default RE: First bow

I got a diamond rapture today. It's my first bow. I've had a lot of people tell me go with bowtechs. They were definately my favorite for the money. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:09 PM

My buddy just got the Tomkat...nice bow for the money!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:04 AM

I started off cheap (pse) but now that I have benn on the archery seen for a little bit I have researched and shot more bows. For beginners I would recomend the Fred Bear and Reflex line of bows. They are about 400-500 dollars. I don't know if that is in your price range but they are good bows for the money.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

The Tomkat is an excellent choice. I know 3 people who bought Tomkats for their sons first bow and went back and got them for themselves.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

If 4 to 5 hundred dollars is in your price range I know Parker sells a Trailblazer that I shot that was a nice bow its fully packeged for 400 or better yet a Diamond Triumph a very nice bow that I shot, but no package and the bow alone is 500, but man it's a nice bow.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:17 PM

I really believe if you buy any bow from any of the "Big Four" you can't go wrong. That being: Bowtech, Martin, Mathews, or Hoyt.

Experience tells me that before choosing a bow.....choose a good bow shop. Talk to several pro shops until you find one you feel comfortable with. Avoid those who tend to "sell" one brand over the others, shoot several bows and choose the one that feels the best to you. You don't have to spend a fortune to end up with a good solid rig which you will enjoy shooting.