Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How do you....

Old 07-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Default RE: How do you....

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
How do I justify it?

When you think about it, it isn't our $1,200 bow, it isn't our $600 scent lok clothing, it isn't the $300 trail cam, its the arrow and broadhead that get the job done. Out of all of our equipment, the only part that ever comes into contact with a live animal is the arrow and broadhead.

I spend as much as I can afford to to ensure that I have the most lethal set-up I can afford.
Yep. It's the broadhead that is the real workhorse, all the rest of it is just there to propel the broadhead. That's how I justify buying the strongest, most sharp broadheads I can.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

some guys have expensive girlfriends, some guys tune their cars, some guys have a playstation and millions fo games, we have a bow that's tuned to it's full capacity to kill and we go out in to nature's forests trying to blend in.

I think it's with all sports, the better you get the more you want your equipment to perform !
Old 07-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Search around on the net, you can find end of season sales and get great deals on broadheads. I bought2 packs of NAP Spitfire XP's for $24.99 last January. Shipping was $5...so I saved nearly $40 in the long run. I use 1 pack for practice, and the other pack for hunting.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm constantly amazed by folks complaining about b-head prices! Possibly, THE most important accessory you use so WHY in the world wouldn't you want to have the highest quality product you can get ??? Also, how many b-heads wouldyou ever possibly shoot in any given season so price shouldn't be that much of an issue?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:00 PM

I get upset now with bh prices because I see the $20 bh's I used in the late 90's selling for over $30 now!

It makes no sense to me. There is a magnitude of inflation to consider but not 50% of the original price.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't spend that much onbowhunting compared to most guys. Maybe 100 dollars on broadheads and a half dozen arrows. I have shot a reflex extreme for 10 yrs. now, and wouldn't trade it for a brand new bow. Now on my rifles and shotguns, that's a different story!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

I get upset now with bh prices because I see the $20 bh's I used in the late 90's selling for over $30 now!

It makes no sense to me. There is a magnitude of inflation to consider but not 50% of the original price.
Have you noticed how much gas has gone up since then? I just wish my salary followed suit...
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I've spent $90 on broadheads so far this year.

I've spent close to $300 on new arrows.

How do I justify it?

When you think about it, it isn't our $1,200 bow, it isn't our $600 scent lok clothing, it isn't the $300 trail cam, its the arrow and broadhead that get the job done. Out of all of our equipment, the only part that ever comes into contact with a live animal is the arrow and broadhead.

I spend as much as I can afford to to ensure that I have the most lethal set-up I can afford.
AMEN!!!!!