Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Thumbs up for Rip Cord rest. >

Thumbs up for Rip Cord rest.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thumbs up for Rip Cord rest.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thumbs up for Rip Cord rest.

I have bow hunted with an compoundfor about 13 years an have always used a spring type rest. I purchased the rip cord rest in the left handed model about two weeks ago. I shoot acc's with blazers an I am very happy with the rest. I will be glad when the seasonstarts so I can put it to the test.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thumbs up for Rip Cord rest.

Now if you would check out qad ultra rest you would INSTANTLY switch to it! The main difference is with qad you can manually cock it up and it will stay up until fired-NOT just let down as opposed to ripcord where it won't stay cocked up in ready position. By the way-I did try ripcord first.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:55 PM

You can cock the ripcord before you shoot but as you said it does not stay up on a slow let down. Im not sure about what you said that "the differeance is that on the QAD you can cock it upbefore the shot".
Old 07-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The difference between the ripcord and the qad ultra is the qad will stay up on slow letdown-it will only drop on firing-as opposed to ripcord.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Now if you would check out qad ultra rest you would INSTANTLY switch to it!
I haven't heardthat many QAD owners that wereas confident as you are??? [&:]It would seem that they are more difficult rests to get total clearance from. I can't tell you how many times,onseveral forums, where I've read folks that were having trouble setting up their QAD's because they couldn't get 'em to fall fast enough. What experiences and trouble have you had with yours?

Ido see how some would like the arrow to stay in the up position on aslow let down butdoes it really matter? I mean, don't most folks that shoot fallaways have some sortof arrow pad or shelf to cradle the arrow in the down position anyway?

They both seem like decent rests to me, if a person experiements with 'em a little. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The qad was just as easy to set up as any other rest. I did have a problem with it dropping like it was supposed to on a alaska hunt but the temp was about -25 and I had shot the rest quite a bit (2 years of constant shooting) so possibly it was about wore out internally or something.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:54 PM

I have had no problems with my QAD LD. If people would just read the instructions then they could set them up with no problems.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to hijack this thread.

I'm pretty confident in my QAD. Set it up properly and you won't have a problem.

The problem I had at first and it sounds like others are having is actually following the guide for tuning. For the Allegiance QAd recommends using the long fork to get the rest to drop faster. However, that will cause contact wit hthe bar. So, I went to the short one and eliminated that. Then I had contact with the hen vanes and the issue was resolved by moving the rest forward to allow it to drop sooner.

Some people try to shoot cock feather down even though QAD clearly recommends to have it up and then say about contact.

A lot of people wantthe shortest arrow possible. However, if you have the rest too far back you will get contact issues.

If the cord isn't pulling down on the spring properly you will have contact issues. All of these probles are easy to fix if you are patient and make very small adjustments.

Also, I prefer having the rest stay up when I have a pointy and sharp broadhead on the end of my arrow.

With that said. the ripcord looks like a great rest.

Everybody should use the rest that works for them and not worry about trying something else out. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bow huntert

I have bow hunted with an compoundfor about 13 years an have always used a spring type rest. I purchased the rip cord rest in the left handed model about two weeks ago. I shoot acc's with blazers an I am very happy with the rest. I will be glad when the seasonstarts so I can put it to the test.
Yes, itwas a choice between the Qad an the Rip.