Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

RAGE Broadheads

Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RAGE Broadheads

It's actually quite easy to replace those retention rings at the base of the head. Take an arrow shaft, put a field point on it. Now roll a new retention ring over the point and onto the shaft. Now unscrew the field point, install the rage head, and then roll the ring off the shaft and onto the broadhead and into the groove. It's that easy.............
Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Rages are by far the most innovative mech's I have seen. I shot GrimReapers last year but will be switching to Rage's this year. The thing about Rage's is that they open from the rear causing a bigger entrance hole where my Grim Reapers unfolded from the front the back, meaning that they did'nt expand until they were inside the body. Plus the 2 blade rage's blades seem to be alot more durable than others.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

There was a recall on the Rage 3 blade,but now the new ones are out and they are a force to be reckoned with.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

My wife and I each took two black bears in Alberta this past May. She shot both of hers witha 2 blade Rage and I shot one witha 2 blade and one with a 3 blade Rage. The entry and exit holes on all 4 bears were amazing. My guide even said that Stevie Wonder could have found my first bear because there was so much blood. I have shot other mechanicals on deer, javelina, and turkeys. But, the Rage heads are the only mechanical I would consider using on Elk. I am sold on these broadheads. I don't think you will be disappointed with either choice.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Ok I shoot a Crossbow and have had problems with some blades opening on some Heads if I don't use 2 rubbers.Is there any problems with these Heads on a very Fast Bow?

big rockpile
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Hey Rockpile, I have a crossbow as well and I like using mechanicals. After shooting 35 different brands of 100 grain mechanicals at a target at 20 yards and using my high speed camera. I found the Xbow broadhead from AfterShock Archery, was the only mechanical that stayed closed before hitting the target. It seems that every other brand was opening just before hitting the target and a few opened well before hitting the target. And if you used a pop-up blind with the screening, the Xbow was also the only one that didn't open before hitting the target. Just some FYI, hope this helps.

Good Luck!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: efriesner

Hey Rockpile, I have a crossbow as well and I like using mechanicals. After shooting 35 different brands of 100 grain mechanicals at a target at 20 yards and using my high speed camera. I found the Xbow broadhead from AfterShock Archery, was the only mechanical that stayed closed before hitting the target. It seems that every other brand was opening just before hitting the target and a few opened well before hitting the target. And if you used a pop-up blind with the screening, the Xbow was also the only one that didn't open before hitting the target. Just some FYI, hope this helps.

Explain to me why they were opening up just before they hit the target. I guess I don't get it. I would think they would open up on release if they were opening at all.

What would make a broadhead fly almost 20 yards and then decide to open? This sounds strange to me.

I've shot the 2 blade Rage and Snyper and have never had them open during flight

Good Luck!
Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Spike

I just picked up a pack of 3 blade 100 grain. I'm pumped to see what they are going to do. I've always shot muzzy's, but am going to try something new this year. There is a recall on the Rage broadheads though. Go to there website www.ragebroadheads.com and check it out to make sure yours are up to specs!!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry that this was put into your post.

Explain to me why they were opening up just before they hit the target. I guess I don't get it. I would think they would open up on release if they were opening at all.

What would make a broadhead fly almost 20 yards and then decide to open? This sounds strange to me.

I've shot the 2 blade Rage and Snyper and have never had them open during flight