Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vibrake Inserts

Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Vibrake Inserts

Any beman shooters out there have experience with these new inserts. They look like a gimmick to me but they come on all there new ICS arrows now. I just think they would't do anything. What do you guys think?
Heres a link: http://www.beman.com/
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vibrake Inserts

Beman knows serious bowhunters demand super-quiet gear to increase their chances of success in the field. The need for quieter equipment is the inspiration behind Beman?s new ViBrake vibration dampening insert. ViBrake, developed in conjunction with Sims Vibration Labs utilizing LimbSaver® NAVCOM IV™, delivers cutting-edge technology that marks the next great advancement in hunting arrows and vibration control. ViBrake comes standard with Beman?s tried and true ICS Hunter line of arrows, making the most popular carbon arrow even more deadly. ViBrake inserts make the arrow quieter in flight and quieter in the quiver by significantly reducing vibration. Due to the decrease in vibration, innovative ViBrake inserts give quicker arrow stabilization in flight for enhanced accuracy. That means bowhunters get a quieter overall bow and arrow combination that is even more accurate. Shoot a ViBrake equipped ICS Hunter today at your local Beman dealer, and see the difference ViBrake vibration dampening inserts can make.
I don't get it. It sorta looks like a tiny stabilizer on the insert. I never would have figured that you'd have much vibration on the business end of an arrow if the insert was glued in and the broadhead was tight. Seems to me that a deer is going to hear your fletching much easier than the vibration of an arrow flying at it.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 AM

Default RE: Vibrake Inserts

ya,

i didn't get this either any noise is going to be fletching or wind planing of the broadhead.. If your broadhead is wobbling then you need to fix that problem with a g5 arrow planer but maybe this is their way of fixing that problem with sims on the end of the insert... but not @ 12 for a dozen!!!