Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Single or Double Bow Case? >

Single or Double Bow Case?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Single or Double Bow Case?

Old 05-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Single or Double Bow Case?

I am going to purchase a bow case for travel via our “oh so gentle airlines!” What I am looking for in response are opinions in should I purchase a double or single case? I currently have 2 bows, which are completely different technologies. My main bow is a Ross Cardiac and my "current" backup is PSE Baby-G Force. Any and all input will be appreciated.

BSLugnut
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single or Double Bow Case?

The SKB Double Bow case seems to be the best from what my buddy and others are saying. All steel construction ot take a beating at the Airport and plenty of room for a bow plus gear.

You'll have to check the length for the PSE.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the input. The SKB cases are made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene, not all steel or metal, which is a concern of mine.

BSLugnut
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I swear to god right nowI feel like the ESPN commercial. Talking out my a$$. Over the past 2 or 3 days I've done this twice.

Sorry about that. Plastic on the sides but steel latches and hinges on the double model. The guys here swear by them for air travel. The Vanguard is another good choice. you'd have to hit this things with a sledge to do damage too them. The plastic is heavy, stiff and rugged.

Here's a link where they talk about cases.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2137257
Old 05-30-2007, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bslugnut

Thanks for the input. The SKB cases are made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene, not all steel or metal, which is a concern of mine.

BSLugnut
The SKB's are nuke proof! I've had mine all over the country from coast to coast and N to S with never a worry. (unless it gets lost!) Go with the double so that you've got room to pack your boots and camo in with your bow. (You only get 50#'s per bag now so you have to make sure that you can get 50#'s of gear in your case or you'll be paying for an extra piece of luggage. Which, if it happens just once, will more than offset the extra cost of the double case!)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM

get the double !!! I've traveled on the airlines plenty , they arn't gentle , but you can pack cothes in the spare side i travel with 1 bow and this makes and pads my baby through it's travels just make sure the case doesn't weight over 50 lbs
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the input! Are you guys using these cases for local travel? Or International Travel? Or cross country travel? Are you taking 1 or 2 bows if you are flying cross country or International? Which case would you recommend the 2SKB-4119 or the 2SKB-4114A for cross country or International?

BSLugnut