Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

spot hogg whammy rest?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Default spot hogg whammy rest?

In the market for a new rest. I want to get a fall-away and am leaning towards the whammy. Anybody use it? Postives, negatives? Thanks.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Default RE: spot hogg whammy rest?

I have one on my guardian and love it so far! There is absolutely no contact. The rest drops at the last minute too to help accuracy. If you havent already go to their website and watch the video they have on it. It shows how it works. The only problem with it is that the prongs are metal and you will have to put some rubber tubing on them to make them quieter for hunting. Other than that minor thing it is a really good rest. I think you will like it.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: spot hogg whammy rest?

I also have a Whammy on my Guardian, another issue is that it takes a bit of time to tune 'properly'. That is; finding the correct place to serve the pull cord, after drawing back andletting downthe string many times over.
As MOmightymite said, the unwanted sound coming from the fork only gives need for improvemenrt down the road, butfork tamers willhelp, but you must first install these before finding center arrow level with the hole for the rest. Otherwise if installed after, the tamers would raise the arrow above nock level (90 degrees).

Having used a few different drop away rest already, I would say the easiest (for me) is the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone (Guide Series). Thisrest is very quiet, comes withthe arrow holder and works very well.
The Muzzy rest is another good rest, everyone will have their own choice and they will all work.
Otherwise the Whammy restdoes work well, but you will have a bit on tinkering to do first (more that you will for other drop away rest). Serving the cord to the cable also has to be condidered, so it doesn't rub against the down cable.