Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Help: String and Rest Recommendations >

Help: String and Rest Recommendations

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help: String and Rest Recommendations

Old 12-19-2002, 07:00 PM

Default Help: String and Rest Recommendations

I "came back' to bow hunting last year. I shot only recurve before, but got a new compound in 2001. The bow I have is a Browning Tornado, which for the money has turned out to be a good shooting, if not especially fast, little bow. I'm happy with it anyway.

My string is about worn out and I need to replace it. There are a lot more choices available now than the last time I looked for a string. Any personal favorite materials or brands for reliability/performance?

I'm also considering up-grading my rest from the present TM-Hunter. I'm thinkin' about maybe a Whisker Biscuit (like the ability to hold the arrow). It does seem that drop-aways are the way to go. Could use more ideas than the guy at the shop is offering.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help: String and Rest Recommendations

BULLKLLR I usually have my string replaced with fastflite material on my hoyt, I've only had 3 different ones in 10 yrs and have never had a problem with them, I wax it several times each year, that helps prolong them. Someone may know of another material thats better, but this works for me. I use NAP 2000 fall away rest which is a basic but tough one, your arrow defenitley won't falloff this one. If you do 3d shooting you may want the 4000, you can microtune that one. As far as your bow is concerned any of the new ones tuned properly will take any big game animal at 60# or more. elknut1
Old 12-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

My bow is a Mathews FX and I hunt with it - SUCCESSFULLY - and I have the NAP Quicktune 4000 Fall Away. More than well worth the money and my recommendation.

Bowhunter
Old 12-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

DICKCRESS Are you suggesting I don't hunt with mine sucessfully. Because that's what it sounds like. elknut1