Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots. >

Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots.

Going to south Texas this summer for a bowhunt. Tons of people recommended to get some snake boots for the trip.

I bought the Cabela's PINNACLE Snake boots. They came in yesterday by Brown. Wow, just from putting them on and wearing them around the yard, they are my new favorite boot. Scent-lok, Gore-Tex, and in Mossy Oak Obsession camo, they are really nice.

I highly recommend them.

Kev
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots.

I owned one pair of "snake boots" and they were crap. They were the basic rubber Cabela's snake boot, so hopefully these are better.

I hunt in some swampy areas with moccasins and copperheads, but these were so big, bulky, unflexible, and rubbed so bad on my ankles and calves, that I won't wear them. My advice to anyone considering "snake boots" is not to buy them through a catalog, but give them a good try out. If not, they may end up taking up permanent space in your closet.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have the snake proof version but I totally agree with the exceptional quality and excellent fit of the Cabela's Pinnacle boots...wow! I bought these boots this Spring for our turkey season and opted for the 400 gram version and I have beenso impressed that I'm seriously thinking about ordering both the 800 and uninsulated version! They truly are some sort of hybrid cross between everything you've ever liked about a rubber boot like a Burly ATS Sport and a hiker! I wasgetting real tired ofbuying replacements LaCrosse rubber boots every year at $120 because the briars and locust thorns tore 'em up, the new Pinnacle looks to be the answer!

Cabela's Pinnacle Zipper hunting boot

They're so extremely comfortable that they didn't even seem to need a break-in period. In fact, this was one of my first walks in 'em!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Il-Cornfed,

Nice pics! Is that rack a shed or something you killed (in the name area)?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Il-Cornfed,

Nice pics! Is that rack a shed or something you killed (in the name area)?
A shed we picked up a couple seasons ago, scoreda littleover 100" B&C
Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

I owned one pair of "snake boots" and they were crap. They were the basic rubber Cabela's snake boot, so hopefully these are better.

I hunt in some swampy areas with moccasins and copperheads, but these were so big, bulky, unflexible, and rubbed so bad on my ankles and calves, that I won't wear them. My advice to anyone considering "snake boots" is not to buy them through a catalog, but give them a good try out. If not, they may end up taking up permanent space in your closet.
Hey man, I agree about buying out of a catalog, but I took a chance on these and it really paid off.

These things are awesome. I just went to a week-long school to get my Maine Guides License and I wore them the whole time. I sat in class with them and my feet never sweat, I walked through the woods with no blisters and I stood in the lake for 1/2 hour in about 12 inches of water while fishing. they never leaked. They were comfortable when brand new, but definitely got "broke-in" more after a few days of wearing them.

What I like most about these boots is the way they ZIP up the front instead of lacing them. Only takes 10 seconds to put on and if you are sitting in a blind and you're hot, you just lower the zipper.

Kev
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Boots look good and the comments seem positive but one of my biggest concerns about ordering on-line or over phone is sizeing issues. How accurate do you think they are when it comes to the charts (i.e. 8/9/and half sizes). Run a little small or large?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: BKE

Boots look good and the comments seem positive but one of my biggest concerns about ordering on-line or over phone is sizeing issues. How accurate do you think they are when it comes to the charts (i.e. 8/9/and half sizes). Run a little small or large?

Pretty accurate I'd say. They have a sizing chart on-line by measurements. You stand in you bare feet next to a yardstick. My feet are exactly 11 inches long which just happens to translate into size 11.

That's what I ordered. They aren't tight, but loose enough that I could wear some thick wool socks when it gets colder.

Hope you get some of these. If you like them half as much as I do, you'll love them.

Good luck, Kev
Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 PM

I believe you have sold me a pair of these boots. They look good, sound good, have goodmaterials (besides that BS carbon liner), and you get what you pay for in a boot. I am due. Thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, the boots are sized perfectly. Order the size you wear. I wear mine with Cabela's Cold Weather sock that a thick wool/synthetic blend and they aren't tight at all.

Quick Reply: Cabelas Pinnacle Snake boots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.